PDA

View Full Version : Comp score issues

StephenK
09-15-13, 09:59 PM
Before I start, I'm sorry if this question has already been covered. I've always been horrible when it comes to navigating forums, so I could have missed it while searching.

So, here's the problem. My comp score right now is 1611. I got 2 referrals a few months back and I was supposed to get the points for them a few weeks later bringing it up to 1651, but I still haven't gotten them. I'd be getting promoted to Cpl this month if I got those points but I need them before the new cutting scores are released. (Without the points I'm 5th on the list, with the points I am 1st) My recruiters have said they've done all they can do, and all we can do is wait but I'm wondering if there's anyone else I can talk to about it before it's too late and I get screwed out of a promotion. I'd rather be proactive than reactive.

Any ideas?

Also, if they do add the points will they update my comp score, or am I going to have to wait till the next quarter since they've already updated for this quarter?

josephd
09-15-13, 10:38 PM
1st off I will say you will have to wait until next quarter. Those points have to be entered in before the training cut off date for that particular composite score date(usually 45 days prior).

2nd, as far as I am aware the S1 at your unit needs to enter in those points from your referrals not the recruiter. That's why it is called the "command recruiting bonus". And I don't think that the recruiter has permissions to access your records on MOL, has to be someone from S3 or S1 from the same RUC(your unit code).

StephenK
09-15-13, 11:19 PM
Damn. I was afraid of that. Thank you for the information.

devilbones2
09-16-13, 07:35 AM
If for some reason the referrals fall within the correct time frame you could receive a remedial promotion. I was missing transfer pro/cons and was promoted like 6 months retroactively. Good luck and check with your S1.

Tennessee Top
09-16-13, 01:22 PM
Like mentioned above, this is an S-1/CAC issue (they know all the rules and have access to the system). Talk to them ASAP.

Don't know what kind of access you have to your Company 1stSgt but promotions are one of the admin type issues they deal with. Not saying to skirt your chain of command or go banging on his/her hatch but if all else fails keep them in mind.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.