PDA

View Full Version : Need some support

pocatellodave
09-09-13, 07:51 AM
My wife of nearly 50 years has suffered a stroke.The Doctors said they couldn't do any procedures to try and clean up the carotid arteries,as it would possibly make it worse.My wife is a real fighter,and she hasn't got any quit in her!This is got me really digging deep for strength and courage,as the Doctor said death is better than a stroke!I can't accept that,and I will do everything I can to help my wife through this.I know My Marine Brothers and Sisters will be by my side through all of this,because that's what Marines do!Thank you all in advance for prayer and thoughts.
Dave Marine

Lisa 23
09-09-13, 08:03 AM
Dave...you and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless

Rocky C
09-09-13, 08:12 AM
Prayers Outbound Brother !!!

Apache
09-09-13, 10:19 AM
Prayers outbound Brother

Mongoose
09-09-13, 02:28 PM
Brother, you have all I can give in prayers and faith.

doc h fmf
09-09-13, 03:50 PM
Dear dave you are in my thoughts and prayers. Can I say something, It hurts but sometimes it is better to die then to live with the side effects of a stroke. I was a nurse in rehab with patients who had real bad side effect and just laid in bed all day. Most personnely my father died . Yes it hurt me for a long time, but he had parkinsons disease I knew he would be in a better place. May god richly bless you and your wife bring you comfort and help heal her, Semper Fi and god bless my brother Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

McT ontheRock71
09-11-13, 08:18 AM
Brother Dave,
Our prayers have been offered up to our Heavenly Father on behalf of you and your wife. Our faith, along with yours and hers can sustain you two. His blessings on you both.

kaelobo
09-11-13, 02:09 PM
Dave my thoughts and prayers go out to you both.

Carpshooter
09-11-13, 05:51 PM
Prayers down range !

hbharrison
09-12-13, 09:22 PM
My prayers are coming your way Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

SGT7477
09-14-13, 07:35 AM
Prayers outbound Brother, Semper Fidelis.

HM3 Doc Wilder
09-14-13, 02:10 PM
Dave,My Prayers are with you and your wife.There are really risks to this type of Surgery.She must have other risk factors also.I believe what you say but New York City has Better Skilled...

Rocky C
09-14-13, 03:58 PM
It's been 5 days since you posted Dave.
My thoughts and Prayers are still with you, your Wife and your family Brother...

pocatellodave
10-31-13, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the support.My wife is holding her own and in a skilled nursing facility.She is very cognitive,and that is the part,while it is good,it is also very hurtful,as she knows I broke the promise that we made, that there would never be a nursing home for either of us.Marine's aren't real big on breaking promises and it is really working on me a lot.
I tried to bring her home,but that just wasn't going to work.Having to put her back in the nursing home made me really dig deep.With out my Marine Corps training and discipline,and don't think I could have made it!
Doc H,thanks for all your medical advice,and if I lived in New York City,I would try to contact that Doctor for a attempt at drilling out the plaque.My wife's Doctor said the same thing you did Doc,that death is better than a stroke!That is a really tough thing for me to have to accept,but it is true.My Father,a proud WWI vet died from a stroke,and he didn't have to linger like my wife is doing.
Again thanks for all the kind words.I'm hanging tough,as that is all I know how to do.There isn't any quit in me or my wife!

Rocky C
10-31-13, 11:04 AM
Thank you for the update Dave.
I have never been in your shoes Brother on this kind of issue but from what I know of you, you are a Great person, Marine and husband.

Don't be too hard on yourself Brother.
Prayers Outbound my friend.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

doc h fmf
10-31-13, 12:10 PM
I am so glad to hear the good news Dave, I will continue to pray for you and the Mrs. How is her therapy going if she fairly well like walking or at least transferring from bed to wheel chair she could probably go home. How is you health would you be able to help her with things if necessary? Semper Fi Dave and God bless you Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

hbharrison
10-31-13, 01:04 PM
Dave all my prayers are for you and your wife stay strong Marine and GOD Bless you both.

Carpshooter
10-31-13, 04:06 PM
Always wishing your wife and you well , Dave !