PDA

View Full Version : Can you marry someone in the DEP

Mindbender
09-05-13, 09:51 PM
I started a relationship with a Marine Corps Poolee... I am not her recruiter and I am not in her chain of command... can we get married?

Tennessee Top
09-05-13, 10:14 PM
Don't see why not but talk to her recruiter first (it'll change her status to a dual spouse).

Let us know what they say for future reference.

Mindbender
09-05-13, 10:37 PM
Her recruiter is making a big deal about it because of fraternization.. but I think he just wants to avoid doing the paperwork..

NewMC
09-05-13, 11:47 PM
In the DEP she is still actually a civilian, if you marry her before she leaves for boot camp there is nothing that he can say about it. You would definitely want the Corps to know about it though or she may get stationed elsewhere and then you'd have to jump through hoops. Semper Fi

Gemoore2
09-06-13, 01:24 AM
You can marry whoever you want..

Even if she was within your chain-of-command, all that would happen is: if it affected the welfare of the unit one of you would be placed within another unit or section. Which in your case you wouldn't have to worry about that.

However I will just say this, if your profile is correct and you were an E-1 in 2010, then I am going to assume you are either a LCpl or a Cpl, which means you are still young.. I would highly advise you to seek premarital counseling prior to making that commitment. ESPECIALLY if you are going to marry an individual whom is also wanting to join the Marine Corps.

Best of luck brother!