PDA

View Full Version : Needhelp with renenlistment.

Callepalomeque
08-28-13, 02:35 PM
I was discharged from the Marine Corps on a RE-3P code. Now I have been trying to renenlist. The gunny, prior service recruiter, gave me the steps that were needed to do and I was told to submit the...

Rocky C
08-28-13, 04:15 PM
1. I don't think you are going back in with that code.
2. Relax, it's only been a few days over the 15 they told you.
3. We are not Doctors here.

It's all about " Hurry up and wait "...

What's the MedSep for ?

Best of luck to you....

Callepalomeque
08-28-13, 07:22 PM
Thanks, im just rushing the process. I dont/didnt take the med that have been perscribed so i was told that its a possibility. The med is abilify.

Tennessee Top
08-28-13, 07:47 PM
What is abilify for (anti-anxiety)?

You should feel lucky the prior service recruiter even talked to you. Most retreads on here never get their calls returned and are basically ignored until they finally get the hint. There is nobody else to talk to - you must work through the prior service recruiter.

Do you remember signing a page 11 entry in your SRB explaining what the RE-3P was for and, if so, did you write a statement? Your recruiter should've asked the same questions.

PLEASE tell me you didn't forget how to spell Marine Corps while you were out.

Callepalomeque
08-29-13, 12:52 AM
ANTI-ANXIETY, YES. I mean the prior service recruiter and I had at least an 2 hour conversation. He sent me by email waiver documents and we also filled them out in his office.
Yes the SRB I think is what he said that he was waiting for. I think he said that it took 15. But not sure if he said that or that it can take up to a month. He basically gave me a 4 step plan on how I would be in. He also said that I will be writing a statement when my paper work comes in and I do another medical evaluation through the navy.
NEVER Forgetten it, MARINE CORPS! just want to get back into the ****. URGGGGGG

Tennessee Top
08-29-13, 11:48 AM
ANTI-ANXIETY, YES. I mean the prior service recruiter and I had at least an 2 hour conversation. He sent me by email waiver documents and we also filled them out in his office.
Yes the SRB i think is what he said that he was waiting for. I think he said that it took 15. But not sure if he said that or that it can take up to a month. He basically gave me a 4 step plan on how I would be in. He also said that I will be writing a statement when my paper work comes in and I do another medical evaluation through the navy.
NEVER Forgetten it, MARINE CORPS! just want to get back into the ****. URGGGGGG

Guess it was your phone's fault when you misspelled Marine Corps in your original post then. That's the excuse most people use anyway.

Let us know when you hear something.

Rocky C
08-29-13, 05:03 PM
;)

Gemoore2
08-29-13, 08:22 PM
Good luck!

As stated earlier, you're lucky a PSR even spoke with you.. The way the Corps is looking right now it will take a blessing from higher powers to afford you an opportunity to re-up. I discarged a while back with five honorable years of service and a PSR would not grant me the time of the day to even think about re-enlistment.

You might be better off to look into reserve opportunities.

Well, best of luck nothing is ever impossible..

doc h fmf
08-29-13, 10:13 PM
I don't think so. It very stupid to stop your medicine and usually if bumed sees that most of the time they will disapprove the waver because god forbid if something happen You Have tthey will be in...

Callepalomeque
08-30-13, 12:49 AM
No, I didnt need the meds to begin with. I was diagnosed because of supplement usage. I was taking fatburners when the doctors at oki looked me over and the ingredients there have those effects on the body. After I stopped taking them I felt fine but I was on the meds the whole time and when I got home I was off the meds and I was fine.

Callepalomeque
08-30-13, 12:51 AM
Its funny that you say a blessing from a higher power. This feeling has just come over me to reenlist, or just get back to it. Theres a desire that cant be shut off to get back in. Idk (I don't know) it sounds weird but there are signs when I get discourage and feel as though things are not gonna work out and bam a few hours or days later something just comes into play, its the universe.

devilbones2
08-30-13, 05:48 AM
Its funny that you say a blessing from a higher power. This feeling has just come over me to reenlist, or just get back to it. Theres a desire that cant be shut off to get back in. Idk it sounds weird but there are signs when i get discourage and feel as though things are not gonna work out and bam a few hours or day/s later something just comes into play, its the universe.

You will forget about all that once you are doing field day for the weekend, duty on your birthday or FAPed out to Maint for a month.

Tennessee Top
08-30-13, 10:35 AM
Its funny that you say a blessing from a higher power. This feeling has just come over me to reenlist, or just get back to it. Theres a desire that cant be shut off to get back in. Idk (I don't know) it sounds weird but there are signs when I get discourage and feel as though things are not gonna work out and bam a few hours or days later something just comes into play, its the universe.

May be but the universe has nothing to do with the USMC letting you back in or not.

Callepalomeque
08-30-13, 11:23 PM
I just received news, at 0000 on a Friday night.

( What is 0000 Hours ? )

Gunny called me three days ago, three days!! Now I have to wait til after Labor Day weekend to call him back!!

Rocky C
08-31-13, 06:10 PM
Why you don't have his cell phone ?

All Recruiters and PSR's have cell phones and give out the number to Poolees and Marines.

That's the way of the world now.

Callepalomeque
08-31-13, 07:10 PM
I do, I figured that he got annoyed when I was calling him everyday. I think that he just waited for the paper work to come in before he called back.

Kegler300
08-31-13, 07:29 PM
A med waiver may be difficult since the Marine Corps is being forced to downsize. Good luck anyway.

Rocky C
09-01-13, 08:24 AM
If you are texting to this forum or not type slowly and use spell check.
I keep correcting your mistakes that you can see in red Marine.
It's getting old now.

Thank you.

Tennessee Top
09-01-13, 02:25 PM
Some people are just lazy Rocky.

Callepalomeque
09-03-13, 11:35 AM
So I have heard, just gotta wait until gunny gets back to me.

doc h fmf
09-03-13, 05:27 PM
It could be 3- 6 months depending how busy BUMED is they are very busy they have active duty cases too. Good Luck with your future. Semper FI Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF