PDA

View Full Version : Pool Function. Please Read.

dep_baumy
12-15-03, 10:24 AM
Well I dont know where to start, due to weather up here in North Dakota we had our 1st pool function in a few months so it was kina nice to have one again. But the purpose of this post is just to say to all pooles out there and marines "Wow" At this pool function I met some of the best kids from all over the state and had one of the best times anyone doing an IST could have. Ive been on MANY sports "teams " and let me tell you, This is a real team. Everyone is there for the same reason, everyone motivated each other. On all the sports teams ive been on it was always ya lets go team but hey i want more TD's or baskets than you and if I score more your gonna hear about it. But not here, here the guys who were doing 20 pull ups and running 8 minutes mile and a halves were not boasting their "skill" they were trying to help the others who were struggling, by giving them tips or just motivating them. Here kids from all types of groups and schools, popular or not, rich or poor, black and white, it just didnt matter, we all came together as one, for one purpose, and this is just a pool function! Wait till we actually ar Marines or go to boot! I had the privelage to see real teamwork in action and it was great seeing some of my peers who actually prefered something other than drinking and smoking pot on their saturday. After that function we all felt a little bond that was strangely aquired over just a few hours. I never knew there were kids in our state like this, I felt so motivated after that function it was unreal. The Marines whose training i havent even been to yet has already taught me more than any schooling, or sports could ever teach me, the Marines so far have already impacted my life hugely and like i said, i am not even a Marine yet. Bottom line before i shut up is Thank you, Thank you Marine Corps and thank you Marines who make it go. Pooles,, you all have made a great choice. SEMPER FI!

scream
12-15-03, 04:02 PM
it IS a team. you are right
semper fi