PDA

View Full Version : Infantry vs any other mos

DINO3660
08-22-13, 09:15 PM
Hello everyone I am a 23 years old guy who will join the Marines. However, I have some questions that I think I can get the answers here. I know that I am a little bit old to join the Marines but this is something that I wanted to do since I came to this country. Now, if I choose infantry what is the life like ??? I don't have any friend that is infantry so I have no idea . For example, noncombat mos as electrician, he has a regular job from Monday to Friday until 5 pm and then he is fee to do what he wants. And weekends are free at all. Is that the same in infantry ????? Then will I be able to take classes either on campus or online while being infantry ???since I'm 23 years old my mind changed a little bit and starts thinking Nout the future and not the present . With that said my question is : bein in infantry will I delay my promotion ?? Can anyone please tell my the life as infantry man ?? But what they do I need to know what their job is and what kind of schedule is etc.. Thank u very much

DINO3660
08-22-13, 09:18 PM
I forgot to mention that I have my associate degree and I was told that I will get a rank as soon as I get out of boot camp