PDA

View Full Version : By the grace of God and pure luck

tripledog
08-20-13, 03:22 PM
Today became a very important day in my life. I have spent the last 20 or more years, searching for my DI from 1961 in SD. I just received a private message from him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day. He is the one man besides God, that I look up to and appreciate everything that he instilled in me.

Praise the Lord and thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky C
08-20-13, 03:24 PM
Outstanding.
The Power of Prayer...

FistFu68
08-20-13, 03:36 PM
Good for You 3Doggy that's whatcha get 4 keeping the Faith all these Years Marine Semper Fi :thumbup: :iwo:

Tennessee Top
08-20-13, 08:29 PM
That's the good thing about social media - being able to reconnect with important people from our past. Outstanding!

m14ed
08-21-13, 12:20 AM
That's the good thing about social media -

being able to reconnect with important people from our past.

Outstanding!

SOCIAL MEDIA ????
Is that any relation to SOCIAL DISEASE ??????

Fess up 3D,

what were you using to find him, and what was the winning program?

tripledog
08-21-13, 09:58 AM
I posted on every military web site, made a trip to SD to try and locate him, well just about everything I could think of to thank him for his guidance . BUT THIS FORUM DID THE TRICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

advanced
08-21-13, 02:02 PM
You're more than welcome.

ChuckH
08-21-13, 02:10 PM
Today became a very important day in my life. I have spent the last 20 or more years, searching for my DI from 1961 in SD. I just received a private message from him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day. He is the one man besides God, that I look up to and appreciate everything that he instilled in me.

Praise the Lord and thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

m14ed
08-21-13, 09:49 PM
I posted on every military web site,
made a trip to San Diego to try and locate him,
well just about everything I could think of to thank him for his guidance .

BUT THIS FORUM DID THE TRICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's an answer that was a waste of breath...
has detail,but lacks content relitive to the question..

Guess that i'll go back to using my "MAGIC 8-Ball",
and minding my own business..
(Fat Chance)

I thought i'd ask and use your answer in my bag of tricks
for finding people - for myself as well as finding people
here for others..

SemperFi Brothers

Mongoose
08-22-13, 05:52 AM
I have also tried everything! Still looking. I remember he was from Tenn., was a VN veteran with a Bronze Star and PH. His name was SSgt. R.O. Reed. Always wanted to tell him how much his memory has always stayed with me.

m14ed
08-22-13, 01:56 PM
Billy

I just run a "Listing"

it returned "79 R.O. Reed's" with phone numbers

check yer mail..
(Ed)

m14ed
08-22-13, 02:40 PM
That's probibly him or his kin in Parris Tn ????

didn't see you say Tennennesse when i run the list..
goes to show i should pay attention a little closer
to detail...

Old Marine
08-22-13, 08:12 PM
If he taught you one thing, it was to be persistant. Hope you two stay in contact now that you have found him.

m14ed
08-23-13, 02:48 AM
OM
we/you and I, sometimes disagree.
But I'll help anyone that asks for it....

We're getting a LITTLE LONG IN THE TOOTH
to try "paying it forward"..
Best i can do is help what I can.

SemperFi Marines

Bob Amos
08-23-13, 03:58 PM
Hi Marines
I am Bob Amos (FNG). I was tripledog's Drill Instructor, Platoon 114, Honor Platoon. I must say I was very surprised and very proud when I received his email. It seems that we never really know the impact that we have on people. I am sure that you as Marines and leaders have also greatly impacted someone's life. By the way, may I suggest that for trying to locate your Drill Instructor, try the PI/SD Drill Instructors Association. For all other Marines you might try "Together We Serve". Also, I was a Drill Instructor from Nov 1960 to March 1963. I trained Platoons 1001, 110, 114, 133, 137, 157, 174, 137. If you or know someone that was in one of those Platoons during that time, I would appreciate hearing from them. Our (my) window is closing and it is important we try and stay in touch.

Semper Fi
Bob

Rocky C
08-23-13, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the Forum Sir.

Great info you posted.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

ameriken
08-23-13, 04:10 PM
Hi Marines
I am Bob Amos (FNG). I was tripledog's Drill Instructor, Platoon 114, Honor Platoon. I must say I was very surprised and very proud when I received his email. It seems that we never really know the impact that we have on people. I am sure that you as Marines and leaders have also greatly impacted someone's life. By the way, may I suggest that for trying to locate your Drill Instructor, try the PI/SD Drill Instructors Association. For all other Marines you might try "Together We Serve". Also, I was a Drill Instructor from Nov 1960 to March 1963. I trained Platoons 1001, 110, 114, 133, 137, 157, 174, 137. If you or know someone that was in one of those Platoons during that time, I would appreciate hearing from them. Our (my) window is closing and it is important we try and stay in touch.

Semper Fi
Bob

Thanks for that info, been trying to track down one of my Drill Instructors from 1976. You have a tremendous life-long impact on the Marines you develop.
Thanks for your service and for making Marines. :evilgrin:

Semper Fi

m14ed
08-24-13, 05:34 AM
I am Bob Amos (FNG). I was tripledog's Drill Instructor,
Platoon 114, Honor Platoon.

I must say I was very surprised and very proud when I received his email. It seems that we never really know the impact that we have on people.

I am sure that you as Marines and leaders have also greatly impacted someone's life.

try the PI/SD Drill Instructors Association. NOT all DI's are Members though
"Together We Serve". TWS Is a PAY Site after 30 days

I was a Drill Instructor from Nov 1960 to March 1963.
I trained Platoons 1001, 110, 114, 133, 137, 157, 174, 137.
If you or know someone that was in one of those Platoons during that time,
I would appreciate hearing from them.

Our (my) window is closing and it is important we try and stay in touch.

Semper Fi

Bob

WELCOME ABOARD SIR !!!
ALWAYS A PLEASURE

we sorta help what we can, where we can, when we can...
Drag up an ammo can and have a seat,,,,
Every faith and confidence that you'll "CATCH ON"....