PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Services for a WWII Submariner

HST
08-12-13, 04:00 PM
I know a lot of you folks have great knowledge of the Corps and Navel services.

The father of a very good friend served in subs during WWII. He is one heck of a guy, he survived many war patrols at a time when the survival rate was pretty poor. I don't know the specifics but my friend called me last night with the news that his dad was close to death and wanted to be military burial with Navel personnel at Jefferson Barracks, preferrably with members of the submarine service My buddy has never been in and don't know how to contact anyone. I know a lot of Marines and Corpsmen but no other Navy members or vets. I'd appreciate and help you might be able to give me in finding the right people for this.
A few years ago,we buried my brother,the other Cpl. Simpson a Chosin Few Marine at Jeff Barracks, the Corps sent a great datail, they gave him a 21 gun salute and taps with a live bugler, it was very moving, his dad certainly deserves the same and I hope you men can hepl me find a way to make it happen. Thanks, HST.

ChuckH
08-12-13, 04:11 PM
He should try calling the nearest navy recruiter and ask them, they may be able to point him in the right direction.

ridingcrops
08-12-13, 06:52 PM
You could try the local Navy Reserve branch.

m14ed
08-12-13, 08:13 PM
Tony..

Wouldn't the Jefferson Barracks Cematary have the information for LOCAL go-to's ??

HST
08-13-13, 12:46 PM
They called JB but they wern't too helpful. The sub service is very small,