PDA

View Full Version : Re3o??????

E5Papa
08-08-13, 11:06 PM
Hello Everyone, this is my first post on the site so ill just get right to it. I have read a similar post about the reenlistment code RE3O but it was frozen or something due to the profile, not sure what that meant but I filled mine out I hope. Ok so I am planning on getting out after my 8 I only have about 10 months left. But I got flagged for HRST and was told that if I didn't do it I would get the RE3O. So its almost like I am getting punished cause I just want to finish my contract honorably. Plus it bothers me cause I have been interested in another service lately and with a RE code like that NO service will enlist you. Now when you look up the code it tells you that the SRB can submit a statement, but will that statement clear my RE code? It just confusing, why cant I just finish my time like I stated I would when I signed?

Tennessee Top
08-09-13, 11:01 AM
What's HRST?

devilbones2
08-09-13, 11:18 AM
Helicopter rope suspension techniques (hrst)

Tennessee Top
08-09-13, 12:05 PM
I'm confused too. According to MCO P1300.8 (separations manual) RE30 can only be assigned by HQMC and is assigned to Marines who refuse to extend/reenlist to obtain the necessary obligated service to carry out PCS/UPD orders (does not say anything about refusing to complete a training evolution). Are you sure you're not trying to get out of orders to OKI or a deployment?

The SRB entry must be signed by you. The purpose is to make sure you understand why you're being given that particular reenlistment code (copy to be sent to HQMC separations branch). If you don't agree or understand why then just don't sign it. Simple. They will add a statement that you refused to sign.

The separations manual says RE30 makes you inelgible to reenlist in the USMC without CMC approval. Does not say anything about affecting your ability to reenlist into a different service. You should read it for yourself.

Here's my personal opinion. You are in motor-t. If suspending vehicles from helos is part of your job - then just do your job. You are still getting a paycheck so earn it. You still wear Sgt chevrons so continue to set the example for your troops. Sounds like you have a big case of "short timers attitude" and only want to put your time in and get out. That's fine; happens every day. But, your command obviously realizes it and is ready to play hardball with you (you will lose). You can make it hard on yourself (and potentially affect your future) or you can suck it up for the next 10 months and do what you're expected to do. Your call. Make the wrong one and you may regret it for the rest of your life.

Let us know how it works out for you. Good luck.

E5Papa
08-09-13, 12:46 PM
oops i used the old wording, it was the HRST (HQMC Recruiting Screen Team), now it is the HSST (HQMC Special Duty Assignment Screening Team) they flag you for B-Billets, sorry for the confusion. Im new at this

Tennessee Top
08-09-13, 02:33 PM
No problem - clears it up some. So, are you refusing to reenlist/extend in order to have the required time to complete a &quot;B&quot; billet? If so, then RE30 is applicable to you. <br />
<br />
When you get out, you...