PDA

View Full Version : MCRD S.D. Help

MARKCHANCE
08-07-13, 03:04 PM
I have a friend who's son got there about a weak ago. I told him I would check and see if there is any info. Web site down. If anyone can help please contact me. Mark Howard ***-***-****. Or on here! thank you!!!

josephd
08-07-13, 03:47 PM
what kind of information is he looking for?...they don't put up progress reports or anything. Anything he needs to know will come in a letter from his son when he gets a chance to write one.

MARKCHANCE
08-07-13, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to know he made it.Got a call from Calf. but no one on the other end. I told him they should get a letter soon. They should be in forming know I think. I was there in 1984. Ifso should meet his real DI'S soon.

josephd
08-07-13, 05:00 PM
Some guys get phone calls and some don't. I never got one and didn't write my my first letter until the end of 1st phase(about 4 weeks in).

If he is a week in I am sure he picked up with his training company/platoon this last Friday(Black Friday).

Just like while on deployment......No news is good news!

MARKCHANCE
08-07-13, 05:31 PM
I'll pass it on. Thanks

Tennessee Top
08-07-13, 08:48 PM
Have him become a member of marinefamilynetwork.com (free). They have training schedules for each platoon where he can trace his son's progress. Also, he can contact parents of other recruits in that platoon or parents of recent graduates who know the drill as well. That site is loaded with info about bootcamp (graduation dates, bootcamp leave, recruiters assistance, etc.), bases, leave/travel, etc. The moderators there are very helpful but don't know you need help with something unless you ask. The site is very busy and can be confusing but with time he'll figure it out and be able to navigate where he needs to go.

Read the "similar threads" beneath your post - sometimes they can be helpful.