PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Appreciation?

TheJester
12-13-03, 11:00 PM
Heh still being a stupid boot I"m not exactly sure what this is, I just know it is good. Could someone point me in the direction to look or give me specifics? All I know is a copy will be placed in my SRB.

Phantom Blooper
12-14-03, 06:12 AM
Very nice,you should get a copy of the letter.Maybe in a formation.Then a notation should be put into your SRB on page 11? My memory fails me for specifics. LOL Congradulations! Semper-Fi!! Chuck Hall:marine:

TracGunny
12-14-03, 06:28 AM
Bravo Zulu (well done)! If my memory serves ME, a Letter of Appreciation is the first rung on the ladder of official recognition, and does go into your SRB page 11. You should receive the letter in a formation (praise in public, disclipline in private). "Brownie Points", if you will, for when you are considered for promotion, especially if you compete before a Meritorious Promotion Board to lose those 'skeeter wings and slap on some BB guns. A Meritourious Mast holds more weight, and then medals. There are other forms of recognition for a job well done, but they are alluding me this morning (a little help, someone - the coffee's still brewing). Just remember, "Atta Boys/Girls" only favor the current grade; get promoted and its back to ground zero, and one "Aw Sh*t" can wipe out a thousand "Atta Boys/Girls"

TheJester
12-14-03, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the Congratulations and tips Gunny and SSgt.

Sixguns
12-14-03, 03:18 PM
The entry in the SRB will simply state "Letter of Appreciation." Unlike other services, we do not give points toward promotion for these LOAs. Instead, they are used to establish a pattern of good conduct and should be used to provide positive reinforcement during counseling and at times of Pro and Con marks. Be sure you audit your record book at least once or twice per year to ensure such entries are made and to ensure your SRB's accuracy. These entries can become important when being considered for meritorious promotion, special duty assignments etc. Again, and on top of those who have posted already, congratulations.

SF,

Sixguns

Subic76
12-14-03, 03:38 PM
I have two Meritorious Mast.
I have one letter of Recognition, dated 5 Jan 77
The letter of Recognition I hold the most pride in.
It is one of my most prized possessions.
It is also why I call myself Subic.
I paid dearly for it, not meaning to belittle the cost of yours.
Hold your shoulders wide and your head high.
Take pride in your accomplishments, and congratulations.

Subic

Doc Crow
12-14-03, 11:39 PM
Congrats another fine job by one of America's Finest