PDA

View Full Version : Promotioned and uniform inspection

ritdawg
07-17-13, 09:52 PM
I found out that I got my promotion to Sgt for the July quarter effective July 1, 2013. We have drill this upcoming weekend (July 20/21), according to MOL it does say Sgt when I log in, however, I have not been pinned by the unit. We are having a charlies inspection this weekend, and expected to show up in our chucks. Am I allowed to show up with Sgt chevrons on my charlies since my MOL states that I am a Sgt effective July 1, or do I need to still have Cpl chevrons and wait until I get pinned by the unit to be able to wear Sgt chevrons?

josephd
07-17-13, 10:00 PM
You technically don't have to be "pinned", that is just something that they tell you.

That said if you're unit is anything like mine they will throw a fit over something like this. I'd personally show up with Sgt. chevrons on my chucks and take the ass chewing if some SNCO doesn't like it. Maybe have both shirts on hand, one with Sgt. and the other with Cpl.

Have you asked anyone in your chain yet?

Congrats though!....my meritorious Sgt. package is going up in a few weeks

Rocky C
07-18-13, 09:58 AM
Congrats Ryan.

Old Marine
07-18-13, 04:37 PM
I would say once you have a promotion warrant in hand saying you are a Sgt you then become a Sgt, until that time you are a Cpl..

Tennessee Top
07-19-13, 12:58 PM
Congrats. BTW, you got promoted not promotioned.

In my time, you kept your old chevrons on until you were handed the promotion warrant by your CO in formation. "That" made it official back then.