PDA

View Full Version : LAT move to EOD (2336) Screening process

Theshoefits06
07-16-13, 02:48 PM
I have tried searching the forums on here but have not found anything recent or pertaining to the screening process.

My husband is seriously considering (by seriously considering I mean he is going to start the screening process Smile LAT moving into EOD (2336). I have been able to find lots of info on the schooling but not much on the actual process. I know that EOD is a "hot fill" but not sure what that means. How soon do you hear back?

He was suppose to start the package last week but we went out of town last minute. He will be talking to the career planner tomorrow. The career planner wasn't able to give him much info on it before when he was considering all his option for LAT move, but google can be very helpful!

The monitor encouraged my husband to consider EOD because of his scores but wasn't quite sure on all the little details. We have a overall understanding of the job and what it is/requires. Just not the "getting there" process.

A few questions we have is-

*Who initiates the package. Does he need to speak with EOD unit first? Then get approval for submitting a package? Or does the monitor send something over to EOD and they contact him to set up the screening process?

*Roughly from when you "get the ball rolling* will your screening/PFT be scheduled? (does he get a week notice? month? hours?

*Do they do a weigh in as part of the PFT?

*is there a special format they want the essay written in?

*From the time he starts till he goes to school, what is a rough time frame you have seen it all happen in?

*I understand that they are in need of Techs but that they are also VERY picky. Any tips on how to improve chances would be very helpful!

I know everything is a hurry up and wait process, and nothing is definite or set in stone but any insight or information would be greatly appreciated!