PDA

View Full Version : Was Hillary's Iraq ploy treason?

thedrifter
12-13-03, 10:07 AM
Was Hillary's Iraq ploy treason? <br />
Officials say Clinton's 'badwill tour' plays into hands of enemies <br />
<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
Posted:...

CPLRapoza
12-13-03, 01:53 PM
Maybe Hillary should put on an Intern Outfit, so Bill can give her something to shut up.

RichLundeen
12-13-03, 03:22 PM
Man, why can't lightening strike BOTH the Clinton's!

Never the bad people, Never! Why?

Semper Fi

Rich

MAJMike
12-13-03, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'd beleive ANYTHING Dick Morris has to say. He was the FORMER Clinton friend and advisor who was fired after it was made public that he was involved with hookers. He's pi$$ed at the Clintons cause he lost his cushy job. He'll say anything to 1) get his name in print; 2) knock the Clintons.

"WorldNet Daily" is so far to the political RIGHT that it makes Atilla the Hun look liberal! It is far from a legitimate news source. Consider the source!!

If your REALLY want to study political science, then do so...and when you do you'll find that Bush advisor Richard Perle (he of the far, far, far right) had a "Saddam agenda" going back many years. When "W" ascended to power and Perle came into the administration, he brought his "Saddam agenda" with him.

Does anyone not think it strange that NONE of the reasons that we were given as justification of this war have been found to be true in the aftermath?

WHERE are the weapons of mass destruction?

WHERE is the nuclear capability?

WHERE is the (pre-war) terrorist threat?

WHERE are the Iraqi's waiting to welcome us with open arms?

WHEN did US troops come home after "no more than six months?"

Wait until the Corps rotates back to pokice duty in Iraq early next year - a "police" mission that has NEVER been part of our raison d'etre, and it's MARINES that are getting killed on a daily basis. This is a trumped up "war" manufactured by the far RIGHT - and Richard Perle is the leading spokesperson for this faction. Marines are going to die for a war that had no reason to be fought and no end game in sight - before it started and even now.

Is any one NOT surprised that Dick Cheney's "former" company Haliburton has been found gouging the US taxpayers at a rate of $1.07 PER GALLON for 51 million gallons of gas they've "sold" to US forces and Iraqi's?

Wake up and smell the coffee, gentlemen!

Devildogg4ever
12-13-03, 05:07 PM
Done had Hanoi Jane, look out for Iraq Hill!!!!

ivalis
12-13-03, 05:26 PM
Once in awhile an officer has something important to say. Way to say it Maj.!

I wouldn't say the Bush administration is guilty of treason, just a bunch of fools and damn good salespeople.

garryh123
12-13-03, 05:42 PM
Maj Mike and ivalis...WMDs where only 1 line in 1 speech to the nation by the Pesident! The liberal media made it a big issue...WMDs where only a small part of the US going into Iraq. You both need to remove your liberal blinders and get your facts straight! Maybe you should visit the parents of the thousands of Iraqi children murdered by the Saddam regeim.
You both sound so bitter.

ivalis
12-13-03, 08:12 PM
Garry, would that be the Saddam regeim we supported or the one we opposed?

garryh123
12-13-03, 08:29 PM
Here we go again.............different admins, different times. You libs have lame escuses for everything. Guess it was easy for you to forget about the Russian and French weapons that the Saddam regeim had?

greensideout
12-13-03, 09:05 PM
Ah-hhh, remember LBJ? He said he would not send "one" American boy to die in Vietnan. Some call it a lie but I don't. He didn't send "one", he sent "tens of thousands" to die.

Does anyone remember Lady Bird's connection to the largest construction company in RVN and who that company is?

The point is, gray suit or blue suit, it doesn't matter, it's business as usual.

If the left think that LBJ did a good job, what's their problem now?

Devildogg4ever
12-14-03, 05:04 AM
Thats true, they all have their ups and downs! Except for the Clinton's, most the ups and downs weren't in a sexual manner!!

ivalis
12-15-03, 08:21 PM
Green, didn't have much use for LBJ either. Of course 15,000 additional died under Nixon.

Lady Bird didn't have anything to do w/ the construction company in Nam ( actually a consortium of companies w/ the acronym of RMJ-BRK). The BRK part was Brown-Root-Kellogg.

George Brown got his start on big contruction projects through the good offices of Sam Rayburn, then speaker of House. LBJ was one of Sam's fair haired boys from Texas who had the speaker's ear.

Lady Bird was involved in radio stations, another story all together. She got her "in" through LBJ's influence w/ the FCC and George Brown's money.

Of course we all know that Brown-Root-Kellog morphed into Halliburton.

Blue Dog democrats-republicans, same critter.

garryh123
12-15-03, 08:33 PM
Halliburton...HMMMMM- The same company Clinton used in Bosnia...HMMMMMM.....seems the dems only have problems with Halliburton when the Republicans use them.

ivalis
12-15-03, 08:40 PM
Garry, learn how to read, I just got on LBJ about Halliburton. Cripes!

garryh123
12-15-03, 08:41 PM
Now he's insulting me. Typical.

greensideout
12-15-03, 08:49 PM

greensideout
12-15-03, 08:58 PM
iv, are you saying that, "Good Morn--ing Viet---nam!" was owned by Lady Bird or did she just control the air in America?

This is new to me, just wondering.

ivalis
12-15-03, 09:12 PM
green, naw, Lady Bird's(LBJ always maintained he had nothing to do w/her business LOL ) communications empire (it did turn out to be an empire) began w/ a smallish radio station in Austin.

Rober Caro has a 3 volume biography of LBJ, have read the first 2 installments. He was something, uf da.

marinemom
12-16-03, 05:38 AM
Gotta love the discussions when politics come up - I am just tying to figure out why, when the Clintons detested the military and did everything possible to hobble it, keep budgets down, and not give the support needed and expected, Hillary thinks she can be perceived as concerned about the troops?

Seeing her in Afghanistan and Iraq brought back memories of MacNamara "visiting" the troops in Nam - all show, no substance.

ivalis
12-16-03, 06:51 AM
Mom, at least Clinton had the balls to be at Dover Air Base when the bodies came home.

Don't blame Clinton for budget cuts. There wasn't a need for a huge military after the fall of the soviets.

Bush love the military so much he went AWOL for over a year.

jryanjack
12-16-03, 07:28 AM
So we're now saying that WMD's and the threat to the region were not the sole reason for invading Iraq and that the bigger reason is beacuse Saddam's regime was brutal (to say the least)? If this is true, then when do we invade all of the other countries who's record is the same or worse than Saddam's? Lets examine the record of a half dozen Africian nations; Cambodia; a few Central American nations; and the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that the end of Saddam is a good thing, a great thing, however, the reason we went into Iraq, the reason that was sold to us, was because he WMD's and wasn't afraid to use them, and worse, could sell them to terrorists. We know that he had them, now I think that we'd better get busy finding them!

yellowwing
12-16-03, 09:49 AM
Equating Hanoi Jane and Hillary is just way too much of a stretch. She's on the Armed Services Committe, she's not entertaining Feydeyeen RPG teams!

I thought McCarthyism was dead!

ivalis
12-16-03, 09:56 AM
yellow, McCarthyism is dead in Canada where they have a free press. It's alive & well south of the border.

garryh123
12-16-03, 02:10 PM
Ok...so if we cant blame clinton for military budget (I blame him) we can blame him for refusing bin-ladin 3 friggin times he was offered to the US.
Thats right ivalis! No free press here! The liberals run the media! You have to be totally BLIND not to see that!

ivalis
12-16-03, 04:51 PM
Liberals may run the media garry, how does Rush get aired on AFN?

garryh123
12-16-03, 05:24 PM
AFN- do you mean armed forces radio? Here in the States Rush is on the radio because he is popular and makes money for the stations that air his show. There are few (if any) liberal radio shows because people can see thru the lies--thus the show is not popular and doesnt last long.
In radio- if you cannot generate an audience- you have no show.
I used to be a democrat-- got fed up with the liberal b.s. became an independant and will switch to Republican in the upcoming primaries. The dems are full of false promises- they promise an promise- then never go thru with promises made. If a democrat ever becomes the President again this nation is truelly F*cked.

ivalis
12-16-03, 06:42 PM
Garry, yup, armed forces radio. It just doesn't seem right (no pun intended) to have Rush on AFN. He's way too partisan. I would feel the same way about a partisan spokesperson from the other side.

Now that I know Rush is on AFN I understand how a lot of soldiers get their misinformation.

Why switch to Republican in the primaries?? You could cause more mischief voting Democrat in the primaries.

garryh123
12-16-03, 07:04 PM
No thanks ivalis, i've done my research- and it's Republican for me. I'm glad Rush is on AFN- now they can get the truth instead of mainstream media b.s. The liberal media is far to partisan for me.

garryh123
12-16-03, 07:17 PM
Clinton's Only Budget and Government Cuts Came from the Military <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Mrs. Clinton, we were attacked in 1993 at the World Trade Center and your husband did nothing to &quot;build a coalition&quot; against...

garryh123
12-16-03, 07:24 PM
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003 10:42 a.m. EST
Hillary Praises Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan

U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton, praising the former Soviet Union yesterday for its 1979 invasion of Afghanistan, said that the attack helped bring women's rights to the fundamentalist Muslim country.

"The Soviets tried to provide more opportunities for women," Clinton told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York, in a speech billed by her office as "her first major foreign policy address as a U.S. senator."

In quotes picked up by the New York Sun, Mrs. Clinton noted that Afghanistan was "the place where September 11 was conceived and implemented." She then criticized the Bush administration for not focusing more on the former al-Qaeda stronghold.

Contrasting the U.S. occupation of Afghanistan with that of the Evil Empire, Clinton complained, "Too soon the eyes of the administration moved from Kabul to Baghdad."

The former first lady detailed her Thanksgiving Day meeting with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, saying she urged him to implement a high-profile effort to improve maternal health.

Clinton said that such a program would be critical because the people of Afghanistan need to see that America's presence has produced "tangible results" like schools and health clinics - not just electoral and political reforms.

She then suggested that a Soviet-style occupation of Afghanistan, which included the wholesale slaughter of the Afghan people in a bid to install a puppet government, had its merits, since it helped women.

"One of the reasons why we were able to marshal the Mujaheddin and the warlords against the Soviets is because the Soviets tried to provide more opportunities for women," she told the CFR.

(My thought--->Yup...Hilliary is insane.)

ivalis
12-16-03, 07:36 PM
Garry, my point is that voting as a democrat in the primary would allow you to vote for what you perceived as the weakest candidate to take on George II.

Tom D
12-16-03, 07:39 PM
Is this commie ***** for real? What a slap in the face to our military.

garryh123
12-16-03, 07:41 PM
They are all weak candidates. Plus, thats just low and dirty. I understand what you mean (by the way). I vote for those I trust and believe in.

Sparrowhawk
12-16-03, 07:43 PM
Before her extreme make over

http://www.angelfire.com/space/sparrowhawk/hillary1a.jpg

After her make-over

http://www.angelfire.com/space/sparrowhawk/hillary1a.jpg

Sparrowhawk
12-16-03, 07:45 PM
ThisUrinal Screen should be installed at all military bases.

http://stupidpoliticians.bizland.com/hillary.gif

garryh123
12-16-03, 08:00 PM
LMAO!!!! Good job Sparrowhawk!

Tom D
12-16-03, 08:43 PM
Can I get one for my toilets at home? lol !

yellowwing
12-17-03, 11:11 AM
Quoting from NewsMax.com! That's a BS newspaper up there with the Enguirer. NewsMax also has a story "Dean Supporter in Tears Over Saddam's Capture." Howard Dean supports Saddam. Right.

And don't forget their other groundshaking story, "Congresswoman Invites a Terrorist"

Liberals don't run the media. Sec. Rumsfeld has the White House press corps whipped and trained. They don't dare ask any tough questions.

Sparrowhawk
12-17-03, 12:44 PM
Subject: A Marine Tale

A squad of Marines were driving up the highway between Basra and Baghdad. They came upon an Iraqi soldier badly injured and unconscious.

Nearby, on the opposite side of the road, was an American Marine in a similar but less serious state. The Marine was conscious and alert.

As first aid was given to both men, the Marine was asked what had happened. The Marine reported;

"I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway. Coming south was a heavily armed Iraqi soldier."

"What happened then?" the corpsman asked.

"I yelled to him that Saddam Hussein was a miserable as shole, and he yelled back: 'Tom Daschle, Ted Kennedy, Bill as well as Hillary Clinton are miserable as sholes'.

"We were standing there shaking hands when a truck hit us."

Super Dave
12-17-03, 12:53 PM
Did you hear what the U. S. troops in Iraq are calling the Sikorsky
Blackhawk helicopter that Hillary used to tour Iraq at Thanksgiving?

"Broomstick One"

garryh123
12-17-03, 05:21 PM
This is funny

garryh123
12-17-03, 05:36 PM
Another good one.

garryh123
12-17-03, 05:50 PM
Good quotes from Rush

This administration is operating on core beliefs. They're operating on tried and true military strategy and tactics. The Democrats don't have any core beliefs. They make their statements based on the news of the moment, the news of the hour, or what have you.”

“The Democrats are contradicting themselves. On the one hand they're against the $87 billion, then they want more troops, then they say Bush is going to pull out prematurely and doesn't have the guts to stay. Yet they're the ones saying we shouldn't have been there in the first place!”

garryh123
12-17-03, 05:55 PM
By Betsy Pisik
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

NEW YORK — Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari yesterday chastised war opponents at the U.N. Security Council — and the United Nations itself — for failing to help the Iraqi people during three decades of Saddam Hussein's brutal reign.
Although he did not list names, France, Russia and Germany were prominent among the countries that had resisted a Security Council resolution authorizing the war in Iraq.
"One year ago, this Security Council was divided between those who wanted to appease Saddam Hussein and those who wanted to hold him accountable," Mr. Zebari said dispassionately in an address to the 15-member council.
"The U.N. as an organization failed to help rescue the Iraqi people from a murderous tyranny that lasted over 35 years, and today we are unearthing thousands of victims in horrifying testament to that failure. ...
"The U.N. must not fail the Iraqi people again," Mr. Zebari said in a plea for Secretary-General Kofi Annan to return international staffers to Baghdad for relief work and nation-building assistance.
"We call upon the members of the United Nations to look beyond their differences over the decision to go to war on Iraq and come together to forge an international consensus," the foreign minister said.
"Settling scores with the United States should not be at the cost of helping to bring stability to the Iraqi people. This squabbling over political differences takes a back seat to [Iraqis´] daily struggle for security, jobs, basic freedoms and all the rights the U.N. is chartered to uphold."
Mr. Annan, as well as the ambassadors of France and Germany, seemed to accept the criticism.
"We all know what our positions were before the war," said German Ambassador Gunter Pleuger.
"That's an opinion [Mr. Zebari is] entitled to," said Mr. Annan, adding that the organization had done all it could and was prepared to do more.
Speaking three days after Saddam's capture by U.S. troops in the northern Iraqi city of Tikrit, Mr. Zebari promised to provide "whatever security is required" to bring the United Nations back to Iraq for an expanded role in "humanitarian relief, capacity- and nation-building, promoting sustainable development and advancing the electoral and political processes."
"Your help and expertise cannot be effectively delivered from Cyprus or Amman," he told Mr. Annan, who last week had outlined plans to base the United Nations' Iraq mission in a safer country.
While expressing understanding for the losses the world body suffered on Aug. 19, when 22 of its staff were killed in a suicide bombing in Baghdad, Mr. Zebari told reporters after the council meeting that the United Nations "has always worked in difficult and war-torn regions and crisis areas."
"Why not Iraq? Why an exception? We are all, in fact, targets for those terrorists. It is not just the U.N. and the coalition."
Mr. Annan, in remarks to the council, stressed that the United Nations had not disengaged from Iraq. But before U.N. staff could return to the country, Mr. Annan said, "much greater clarity" was required from the Iraqi Governing Council (IGC) and the U.S.-led Coalition Provisional Authority on what exactly is expected of the world body.
"I need to weigh the degree of risk that the United Nations is being asked to accept against the substance of the role we are being asked to fulfill," he told the council.
Mr. Zebari was in New York to present to the Security Council a timetable for establishing an interim basic law and a transitional administration and, by the end of 2005, holding direct elections.
The schedule won the support of Mr. Annan and many council members, though several diplomats reminded Mr. Zebari that the process had to be open, inclusive and credible.
French Ambassador Jean-Marc de la Sabliere, said former Ba'ath Party members should not be excluded from office as long as they renounce violence.
"The process should be open to all those against violence," Mr. de la Sabliere said. "If you have all political forces against violence represented in the provisional government, then it will be huge progress."
The question of security will remain in the forefront, many diplomats said yesterday, despite Saddam's capture and the promise of a return to Iraqi sovereignty.
Mr. Zebari said the IGC would negotiate a status-of-forces agreement with the coalition by the end of February, but that he did not expect the troops to withdraw by July, when an all-Iraqi transitional authority is to be established.
"Those forces are needed to maintain stability, and if they were to withdraw, it would be a disaster," Mr. Zebari told reporters after his council presentation. "There would be chaos, a civil war."

yellowwing
12-17-03, 10:51 PM
Okay, okay. The lack of real Democratic leadership still does not diminish the values of our principals. I think we lack real balls and originality, the current herd is trying to follow a script that is as make believe as the Lord of the Rings. Al had the race in the bag. But he blew it following the advice of mercenary handlers.

If you want to poke fun at Hillary, how about some good jokes?

Bill and Hillary were standing before the Lord being questioned on their beliefs. First He asked Bill from his throne, "What do you believe?"

"I believe in the devine perfection of forgiveness."

"Good answer!", the Lord replied, "Come and sit by me."

The Lord turned to Hillary and asked, "Now, what do you believe?"

Hillary replied, "I believe you sitting in my chair!"

ivalis
12-18-03, 01:24 PM
wing, that joke is too cerebral for the ditto monkey's around here.

garryh123
12-18-03, 02:45 PM
wing, that joke is too cerebral for the ditto monkey's around here

Wow! Now ivalis thinks we are cro-mags! Just because most have a different view than him! It figures....

ivalis
12-18-03, 03:49 PM
No I think anybody who equates a US Senator's trip to a war zone (not some pussy secret trip to the heaviest defended spot in Iraq for a phot op w/ no credible reporters present in front of a had picked group of REMFs) w/ treason is as big an idiot as ever sat down to a keyboard.

garryh123
12-18-03, 03:56 PM
So what you are saying is that Bush personally thanking the troops is a bad thing?! And that they should not have taken every precaution to protect the President?!
I know your reasoning about hillary.....I still dont like or trust her

Sparrowhawk
12-18-03, 06:15 PM
Took as much a risk at getting shot down as any of our military men serving there.

The thing is, he went into a "WAR ZONE" heck I never saw a general in the jungles of Nam, do that, while I was there.

Here a president does so, when did another president do such a thing?

He remains the most respected president and commander-in chief by our military than any president in a very long time.

Who wants to support a lesbian, for president?

As far as Rush goes, he's too liberal and too far to the left of me, to take seriously. LOL

Sparrowhawk
12-21-03, 08:53 PM

Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:03:41 -0500

THIS WILL OPEN YOUR EYES.

By Paul Harvey - Conveniently Forgotten Facts

Back in 1969 a group of Black Panthers decided that a fellow black panther...named Alex Rackley... needed to die. Rackley was suspected of disloyalty.

Rackley was first tied to a chair. Once safely immobilized, his friends tortured him for hours by, among other things, pouring boiling water on him.

When they got tired of torturing Rackley, Black Panther member Warren Kimbo took Rackley outside and put a bullet in his head. Rackley's body was later found floating in a river about 25 miles north of New Haven, Conn.

Perhaps at this point you're curious as to what happened to these Black Panthers. In 1977, that's only eight years later, only one of the killers was still in jail. The shooter, Warren Kimbro, managed to get a scholarship to Harvard, and became good friends with none other than Al Gore. He later became an assistant dean at an Eastern Connecticut State College.

Isn't that something?

As a '60s radical you can pump a bullet into someone's head, and a few years later, in the same state, you can become an assistant college dean!

Only in America!

Erica Huggins was the lady who served the Panthers by boiling the water for Mr. Rackley's torture. Some years later Ms. Huggins was elected to a California School Board.

How in the world do you think these killers got off so easy? Maybe it was in some part due to the efforts of two people who came to the defense of the Panthers.

These two people actually went so far as to shut down Yale University with demonstrations in defense of the accused Black Panthers during their trial.

One of these people was none other than Bill Lan Lee. Mr. Lee, or Mr. Lan Lee, as the case may be, isn't a college dean. He isn't a member of a California School Board. He is now head of the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, appointed by none other than Bill Clinton.

O.K., so who was the other Panther defender?

Is this other notable Panther defender now a school board member? Is this other Panther apologist now an assistant college dean?

No, neither!

The other Panther defender was, like Lee, a radical law student at Yale University at the time. She is now known as the "smartest woman in the world."

She is none other than the Democratic senator from the State of New York----our former First Lady, the incredible Hillary Rodham Clinton!

And now, as Paul Harvey said; You know "the rest of the story."Rod

usmc4669
02-22-04, 09:02 AM
[b] Bill how could you---[/Hillary Clinton went for her annual exam. After the exam, the OB-GYN told her that she was pregnant, and in great shape. Hillary couldn't believe the news and stormed out of the office. She rushed to her limo and picked up the phone to call the Oval Office.
"You got me pregnant! How could you be so careless?" There is a silence on the other end. Finally, she hears Bill's voice.

"Who is this?''

b]

namgrunt
02-22-04, 01:54 PM
Gunny, you crack me up.

I'll take a dozen 8X10 Glossy finish copies.

namgrunt