PDA

View Full Version : Reserve TIS/TIG Question

flyby
07-03-13, 01:51 PM
First off, I apologize for creating a whole new thread but I was unable to find what I was looking for in the other threads.

Here is my issue, hopefully I can get concrete guidance on this matter.
I was PS AD for 5 yrs., then did 3 yrs., in the Reserves in another branch then joined the SMCR. Well my CRCR was inaccurate from the time I joined and it was just corrected. I now have 3 completed yrs., in the SMCR for a total of 12 yrs., but only 8 yrs., of 'Naval Service'. My extension to reenlist was just denied and I was told that if I don't pick up SSgt next yr., that I will "time out". Are there any PSR's or SME's that could shed light on this? I was not credited with any prior TIG and as such had to start over. How could the MC count my other service like this and thus force me out if I get passed over the first time when I truly only have 8 yrs., of MC service? Any help would be appreciated.

Flyby

flyby
07-23-13, 08:39 PM
For anyone that may be in a similar position now or in the future; I have found an answer to my own question. Any time served in another service counts as 'continued service', as far as the SMCR is concerned. So that time will in fact count toward total time served in the same way that 'Naval Service' is counted and thus will affect you when it comes to promotion and time in service limitations.

flyby
07-23-13, 08:41 PM
Is there any member on this site that has ever sat on a promotion board panel or have in depth knowledge of how and what a board looks for? I have a personal question to ask.