PDA

View Full Version : MSG Duty

ecruzr89
07-03-13, 04:59 AM
I have been considering about taking the route into MSG, but i have been told by different people that I would probably be dropped from backgrounds because i have family in Mexico. My parents are both residents of almost 25 years and both my brother and I were born in Los Angeles, CA. The family i have in Mexico are my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins who aren't in any sort of trouble. Does anyone know if this would really be a factor for not being considered for MSG or if it would stop me from obtaining a TS Clearance?

Tennessee Top
07-03-13, 11:46 AM
Cannot answer your question so don't want to give you bum scoop. I was on the program twice both as a watchstander and also as a detachment commander. Afterwards, went back to the schoolhouse in Quantico as the MSG School Operations Chief.

Here's what I suggest you do. Back at the MSG headquarters in Quantico, there is a clerk in the S2 section who works on clearances for MSG students. The clearance application must be submitted by the student's former command so this clerk mostly deals with unique situations, problems with the application process, or changes/updates to the application form. I'm pretty confident they have ran into your situation before and could give you an answer, or at the least, refer you to someone who can. Your career planner should be able to get you in contact with the headquarters but it may take you a couple trys to finally talk to the correct individual in the S2. You may have to play phone-tag but be persistant. Be sure to come back here and update this post for future reference as someone else may have the same question in the future and they can search your topic.

Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding school or the program and good luck.

BGW
07-03-13, 04:02 PM
I am not 100% sure on this one but in order to get your top secret clearance both your parents must be legal citizens in the United States. Knew a guy who was disqualified to get top secret clearance because his father was an illegal immigrant.

Now as for the rest of your family? I have no idea, like what was suggested check with your S-2. Its there job to know these kind of things.

ecruzr89
08-06-13, 03:16 AM
Thank you Master Sgt

ecruzr89
08-06-13, 03:17 AM
Thanks. I wanted the feedback from someone that has gone through it.