PDA

View Full Version : Earned my bloodstripe!

Engineerjet
07-02-13, 09:07 PM
I got mine a little faster than normal but hey, I guess a lot of people in my MOS must be getting out. It is still surreal, having junior marines call me corporal but I aint strict about it. Definitely a day Ill remember for a loooong time. Cant wait till my junior marines pick up Cpl.;)

gkmoz
07-02-13, 09:46 PM
Congrats Corporal ! S/F :)

BGW
07-03-13, 01:08 AM
holly **** you barely past the year mark and already picked up? Damn you must either be embark or supply admin. Ohh maybe com radio? <br />
<br />
any how have fun being in charge of morning police call, ****...

m14ed
07-03-13, 02:45 AM
BE ADVISED !!!
easier to loose them
than it is to get them !!!!

{ Congratulations }

Tennessee Top
07-03-13, 11:51 AM
Good to go!

Rocky C
07-03-13, 04:48 PM
:thumbup:

fl1946
07-03-13, 05:58 PM
Congrats Corporal. Now you can supervise Thursday field days! No cleaning the heads. Seriously, be well. Let us know when you make staff.

Semper fi,

Marine1955
07-05-13, 01:51 PM
Yea you made it but did they pin your blood strip on ya???
I remember my BLOOD STRIP PINNING Holy crap. I couldn't walk for two days..
Take care and good luck..

Tennessee Top
07-05-13, 02:37 PM
Yea you made it but did they pin your blood strip on ya???
I remember my BLOOD STRIP PINNING Holy crap. I couldn't walk for two days..
Take care and good luck..

That's called hazing and was outlawed years ago. It's a kinder/gentler Marine Corps than what we remember.

m14ed
07-06-13, 12:57 AM
That's called hazing
and was outlawed years ago.

It's a kinder/gentler Marine Corps than what we remember.

Civilians have ruined a lot of Our Corps....
Haven't they.......
and all to protect their Baby JOHNNY"S and Baby SUSANS...
Thanks - Mothers of America.....

SGT7477
07-06-13, 11:31 AM
Congrats, they probably feed you cake instead of trying to break your legs and arms, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
07-06-13, 01:47 PM
I couldn't walk for a week after I got my blood stripes pinned on.

madsox
07-06-13, 03:10 PM
Engineerjet - like '55 said, do they still pin on your stripes?

I was in a smallish Reserve unit when I made Corporal ('88, I think?) and they still managed to leave me limping for a week. Fun going back to the civilian job that next week and explaining why I had a new set of bruises!
:marine:

Congrats, Marine!

HST
07-07-13, 04:15 PM
I never understood this bloodstripe business..when I made Cpl. I came back to the rear and the clerk told me about it... I asked him what was going to be different, he said nothing....a few days later when I went back out I told some of the grunts that were in our line about it...one of them said, hey, mf'er they way you order people around I thought you were at least a Sgt...I told him to keep believing that and shut my mouth.....I don't think some kind of high school sh$t belongs in the Marine Corps.

jrohr
07-08-13, 09:04 PM
Way to go!!!!

Engineerjet
07-16-13, 12:35 PM
Blood stripe? I believe that is hazing and its officially not good to go. In other unrelated news, the weather must be getting to me cuz it was tough getting out of bed and walking the following days...

RyanS
07-28-13, 02:34 PM
Blood stripe pinning is still around... call it what you will. I couldn't walk for a week.

That's what I thought he was talking about when he said he earned his blood stripe.

CTOTFSP
08-19-13, 01:53 AM
Unrelated to earning my bloodstripes, I had difficulty that morning afterwards during PT. I needed a little assistance recovering from lunges. I suppose it was due to understretching before strenuous activity on my part. Still it was one of the greatest days of my life.