PDA

View Full Version : Tour converion vs tour reduction

jtans1992
06-23-13, 08:35 PM
Hay, so me and my wife got married on leave, she is also a marine we are both in the air wing but different MOS. i have my orders to japan and i am currently here now. she is stationed in MCAS cherry point. She was pregant i found out when i got here and i was so excited but at the same time im stationed here in okinawa for 2 years. Through all the stress she lost the baby. Im not looking for people to tell me they are sorry its just the situation. My master sgt told me about a tour conversion or a tour reduction? whats the difference betweent the two. Im told there is no way for her to come out here because her mos isnt available and theres no way for me to go back to the states cause i executed my orders already. I am trying to get this tour "whatever" filed but its extremely difficult doing the paperwork my career planner and S-1 keep playing games sending me back and forth not giving me any solid answers. My SGTS say they will help me but they have their own **** they have to do. Has anyone done this before or know someone who has done this before? Please get back to me asap every day counts. Thank you

Old Marine
06-23-13, 09:32 PM
If you are looking for answers on this site, the rules state that you must fill out your profile with much more than you did.

jtans1992
06-24-13, 03:06 AM
I hope that's enough information

BGW
06-25-13, 06:29 PM
Your barely been in for a year so right there no one is going to give a ****, even if you are married, maybe especially that you are married? Anyhow I never heard of anyone reducing their tour overseas. I knew a lot of Marines who hated Oki but had to carry out there orders because there was nothing they could do.

I was going to suggest MSG but your married so that might make it difficult just to get accepted into the program, I do not know if you can do MSG unaccompanied. But point is that I knew a few Marines who went MSG just to get out of Okinawa sooner. Once they were at the school house they intentionally failed out and got stationed some where in the States. Though its kind of stupid because you have to serve at minimum 18 months on station.

The last thing I can suggest is talk to your S-1... Maybe they might know something but I doubt it. Look through the MarAdmins. From personal experience everyone including my S-1 told me my 16 month extension on contract could not be revoked. I however searched through the MarAdmins and found an MCO that in fact allowed me to revoke the extension.

The only person that's going to take care of you is yourself, remember that my friend.