PDA

View Full Version : Personal Tattoo Question

WannaBe89
06-07-13, 03:21 PM
Hello Marines,
Hopefully my profile is up to the standards of this site. If not, please let me know and I will update it right away. I know this question has been asked a million and ten times and I've read just about all of the posts about it. Because the answer is different for everyone, I would like a little more insight into my own personal situation. I have two tattoos that may be too large, but I was wondering what the likelihood of a waiver being approved for them are. One is on my right forearm and the other, my left calf. I will get them removed if necessary, but if I don't have to, I'd rather not. I already took the ASVAB and I scored a 95 on it. I'm not sure if that will help me out or not. I will attach a picture of each tattoo. Thank you in advance for any help.

Lisa 23
06-07-13, 04:25 PM
None of the Marines can tell you if a waiver would be approved or not for your tattoos. Your best bet is to talk with a recruiter.

Rocky C
06-07-13, 05:03 PM
I can't comment on the waiver for your Tattoos because right now it is an unknown but I can comment on your removal which you said you would do if need be.

Your looking at around $6000.00 to laser them off because it's only gray wash work we call it and it would take around 16-20, 30 minute sittings per Tattoo.

If you had color in it esp. red your looking at around $9000.00- $12000.00 for the additional sittings you would need.

Best of luck to you.

Tennessee Top
06-08-13, 02:23 PM
Since you have taken the ASVAB already, your recruiter has seen your tattoos. What do they say (we are not recruiters)?

What's the point of the tree trunk (just curious)?