PDA

View Full Version : Promotion Question

ne14
06-04-13, 02:30 PM
Hey gentlemen, ( Marines ).
Haven't been on in awhile. Got a question for you. I am currently on MOL and I am looking at everyone who is a PFC in my MOS field. Next to my name and everyone who put on on the same day there is E3 under select grade. Does anyone know what this means? I saw it was covered in a thread here but the conversation kind of confused me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NE14

MLMonk
06-04-13, 04:08 PM
It means you're getting promoted to that rank very soon.

dizark
06-04-13, 09:42 PM
Look under your BIR section. If it says SEL GRADE E3, then you're going to be promoted on July 1st

ne14
06-06-13, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info. It says SEL GRADE E3 and then the date next to it says 2013-06-01 in my BIR

ne14
06-06-13, 10:48 PM
Btw thanks for the proofread Rocky. Didn't even notice I said that.

BCreed025
06-07-13, 04:07 AM
Thanks for the info. It says SEL GRADE E3 and then the date next to it says 2013-06-01 in my BIR

Looks like you should have gotten pinned on the 1st of June. Bring it up to your chain of command and it'll get taken care of. Congrats either way on the promotion.

adaml
09-18-14, 11:01 AM
Says I cant create my own posts in this section (only replus)? Sorry im a new member here. But on the topic of promotions I was 1 of 2 selected to be a Designated Marksman and also go to cqb school afterwards. As far as im concerned you have to at least be an E3 or above to attend this theses schools and i missed my honor grad lance promotion by less than 1 question on a test because the instructors gave miss leading info but anyway im only an E2 but I was told im leaving to DM school very soon and to start preparing so I was wondering if that E3 req will be waved or is it possible they will just promote me since im the most qualified? Thanks

adaml
09-18-14, 11:07 AM
Says I cant create my own posts in this section (only replys)? Sorry im a new member here. But on the topic of promotions I was 1 of 2 selected to be a Designated Marksman and also go to cqb school afterwards. As far as im concerned you have to at least be an E3 or above to attend this theses schools and i missed my honor grad lance promotion by less than 1 question on a test because the instructors gave miss leading info but anyway im only an E2 but I was told im leaving to DM school very soon and to start preparing so I was wondering if that E3 req will be waved or is it possible they will just promote me since im the most qualified? Thanks

PJones64
09-18-14, 11:38 AM
They won't promote you because you added this to a year old thread.

adaml
09-18-14, 03:06 PM
Thats what I started the question with it says I dont have the permission to start a new thread and i only have permission to post replys so I posted it in a on topic thread

USMC 2571
09-18-14, 03:30 PM
Contact a squad leader, it is unusual for you not to be able to start a thread here, as a Marine. Good luck.

MunkyVsRobot
09-19-14, 03:05 AM
first id fix your profile it says E1 secondly if you were selected options are you get waived or sent away.