PDA

View Full Version : Information regarding parachute rigger MOS

joemaddage
04-25-13, 11:53 PM
alright im a 0311. my EAS is comming up and i want a new MOS. 0451 seems pretty lagit. The thing is i want to be able to be there for my wife and soon to be kids. Would this MOS be worth it?

FistFu68
04-27-13, 02:32 PM
I was a USMC Parachutist if I hadn't got out of the Corps that was gonna be my next School at that time it was a Joint Service School Ft.Lee Va. There is an Old saying Two people in the Military you don't wanna get POed at You a Cook or a Rigger both of whom can Ruin your Day LOL!!!There have been a Few Riggers on this site You may get the Real Skinny from one of them.Good Luck and Semper Fi :thumbup: :iwo:

josephd
04-28-13, 02:26 AM
stitch *****!

But seriously I don't have any first hand experience with the MOS but I know a few riggers, they are used everywhere in the Corps and seem pretty important. I think you get to stay in jump status the whole time you are a rigger so you'll get your gold wings...that'd be cool.

FistFu68
04-28-13, 02:39 PM
Yeah what's even Kooler is Jumping with a 'Chute you packed Yourself! Hell I jumped outta a OV-10 Bronco 3 X's in one day cause their weren't enough JumpQualified Men @ Pendleton most were BN.Recons they couldn't make a Night Jump outta a 34' Ft Tower LMAO Semper Fi :D :iwo:

SgtJane08
04-30-13, 10:15 AM
Fist, when you are at Benning, did you know of an instructor Rupert Jones, kind of a legend at Benning in his time, but I don't know his years there nor yours, so just asking.

FistFu68
04-30-13, 01:25 PM
Sgt.Jane,not right offhand but I have a Roster laying around with all Blackhats or TAC officers as we used to refer to them.I was in Class 40/'68 had the distinction of being First US MARINE to Exit a Jet C-141"STARLIFTER" in History Jumped not Ejected LOL!Enough of Me though will try and find your Man Rupert Jones 4 yah.Oh I thought very Highly of those Instructors they were the Cream of the Crop!!! Semper Fi Go Easy :thumbup: :iwo: