PDA

View Full Version : VA ID card

cjwright90
12-10-03, 09:27 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get my VA id card? Is there some forms I need?

DickL
12-10-03, 11:08 AM
VA Hospital
You will need your DD214 and any other documentation showing a service connected heath problems.

cjwright90
12-10-03, 11:32 AM
Thanks. I have a VA hospital in Pittsburgh.

DickL
12-10-03, 03:24 PM
If you have any problems, check with the DAV<or any orther org. They should have a office at the VA hospital. If you have a claim to file , they will assist.

CAS3
12-10-03, 09:49 PM
The VAMC (VA medical Center) in your area will have the necessary request for health benefits application. You enter the hospital and go to eligibility where they will take your information and issue an ID. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE SERVICE CONNECTED. The DAV office in medical centers is there for travel purposes...i.e. DAV vans.
ALL NATIOANLY recognized veteran service organization offices are located at VARO (VA regional offices). They ar ethere to assist in getting a veteran service connection or pension.
Once you have your ID card, the VAMC will tell you which color clinic you belong to at which point, you will need to make an appointment to be assigned a primary care physician. HE/SHE will then schedule you for any specialty clinics you may need to be seen in.
There are 7 priority groups. Those rating 100% permanant and total disablied are priority 1. Those with no service connected disablitity are priority 7. VAMC's are run similar to an HMO in that you will neeed to provide other insurance information if you are covered by other health benefits.

cjwright90
12-11-03, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the info, Top, and CAS3. Semper Fi, my brothers.

usmcmg@earthlin
12-14-03, 09:04 PM
I have been 100% disable for almost3 years they are all service concted all wounds from RVN and yet have not heard back from the new section that is to give us our retirement back I got a VA card it says services canected but it does not give a percentaage should it say that or not like 50% or 10%

M Gunns

CAS3
12-15-03, 04:04 PM
Your VA medical ID should not say what percentage. It is in the computer system.
Concurrent receipt (retired pay and VA bebefits) needs to be filed. Call 1-800-827-1000 and ask if you are in the VA benefits system and when concurrent receipt should begin for Vietnam Era veterans. Right now, the VA is processing the ap[plications as the servicemembers exit the service.
You will not be paid for retirement pay/VA benefits difference from the past.