PDA

View Full Version : USMC Ball question

MunkyVsRobot
04-14-13, 03:30 PM
Now I know the ball is a ways off but question I have is I am trying to invite my brother to the ball this year, as he will be coming back stateside later on this year. My brother is presently in the Army which leads me to my question if I invite him would it be wrong for him to wear his blues or should he just wear a suit? Never been to a ball I was in transit to my duty station during the last one and not sure what the SOP is for this.

Rocky C
04-14-13, 04:05 PM
He can wear his blues.
Nothing wrong with that.
As a matter of fact, it would be most appropriate.

IHaveEGA843
04-15-13, 01:45 PM
We had a couple Hooaahs show up to our ball last year. Nobody bothered them besides the idiots who like to branch bash.

Tennessee Top
04-16-13, 08:51 PM
The birthday ball is a formal occasion so the appropriate attire is gowns for the ladies, suits/tux for civilian men, and dress uniform (with medals) for servicemen. Been to many of them from large USMC bases to small foreign service posts overseas with the State Department (those were some of the best). Your brother should be given a formal written invitation indicating the appropriate attire. He will leave with a new appreciation for our Corps' traditions and values.

Kenneth Havelka
04-17-13, 07:45 AM
He should wear his Army dress blues and be proud of his branch.I'm sure he'll enjoy himself.

jeonpaolo
04-19-13, 12:45 AM
I would do a civillian suit and tie with the miniature medals pinned on

Ceya
05-12-13, 06:16 AM
As Top and Gunny stated above.

S/F,
CEYA!