PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Marines

iveck
12-10-03, 08:00 AM
Just Checking to see how many Jarheads are within my home state.:marine:

Semper Fi

thedrifter
12-10-03, 08:17 AM
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

I'm from the state called the Brotherly Love......

Sempers,

Roger

jakebrown1
12-10-03, 10:28 AM
Greetings and salutations, Marine!

I live up around the Tulsa area. I've been out of active duty for almost 2.5 years now.

Are you actually in OK these days? If so, have you had a chance to check out the various Marine Corps League detachments in OK?

Dittychaser
12-10-03, 10:56 AM
Oklahoma City ... out since '70 ... no experience with MCL.
Sempers ...

jakebrown1
12-10-03, 01:14 PM
If you are interested in contacting the Marine Corps League in your area, let me know. I believe that there is a Sooner Detachment in Oklahoma City and the Schwab Detachment in Tulsa, as well as a few others in the Great State of Oklahoma.

Dittychaser
12-10-03, 01:21 PM
Gotta pal in Sooner Det., but with job and other extracurricular stuff, I just don't have a need for another monthly meeting.
I think MCL is a great organization, but not for me just now.

tommyboy
12-10-03, 03:45 PM
My best friend in the Marines is from Ok. He grew up in Oktaha and now lives in Warner. I drove out to see him last may. All dirt roads and even caught a tornado. Great state i must say!

Dittychaser
12-10-03, 03:49 PM
My wife's family is originally from Concord, NH. We were there last autumn as part of a Crypto-grunt reunion/family wedding/family visit. Wold love to live there, maybe May - September ... yer poor sledding season. You can have yer winters.

GunnyD
12-10-03, 04:48 PM
ivec we are all over oklahoma, I'm in OKC myself

iveck
12-10-03, 05:50 PM
Great to hear from you all. I live in a small town of 9.000, Sallisaw Oklahoma to be exact. I'm 37 miles from Fort Smith Arkansas population 80,000. Just looking to stay in touch with other Gyrenes in the state. I thought it would be easier to plan get togethers and make contact. I have three jargheads here with me. Next year I'll try to get them to have at least a Marine Corps Birthday dinner with me.
My part of the state is one of the lost counties, we don't get much attention.

Semper FI

TMM54
12-10-03, 06:50 PM
Welcome! I live in Tulsa, born here, drop me a note anytime.
Semper Fidelis, Tom Murray

marworm2386998
12-10-03, 08:21 PM
I live in Tulsa,but went to school in Hartshorne,I remember we used to play sallisaw in football. I was with golf 2/1 in 70-71. feel free to contact me. thanks,Ed

Doc Crow
12-10-03, 10:26 PM
I have a buddy in Texhoma

Dittychaser
12-11-03, 07:24 AM
FMF Doc's have buddies wherever there's a Marine.