PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding DEP and MP recruitment

BlackHawk6497
04-10-13, 05:42 PM
Well I have been talking with my recruiter for a while now and I have a set date on when I am going in to sign my contract (20130501), I will be signing for 58XX. I couldn't help but notice though that it does say that you must be 19 years old prior to completion of formal school however I will hardly be 18 by my ship date assuming I ship right after high school. This puts me right around 18 and 1/2 by the time I complete MCT+MOS school.. Does this mean that I will be put into my secondary choice of 03XX if I continue with the same plan or will I need to wait until I am 18 and a 1/2 to ship? If so, if I still sign my contract on 5/1/13 would it be possible to wait another 4-5 months to go to MEPS so that I would still be within the DEP time limits or is there a time limit from signing with the recruiter and going to MEPS?

Tennessee Top
04-11-13, 04:11 PM
What does your recruiter say (certainly you asked them)?

Rocky C
04-16-13, 03:44 PM
Waiting, 6 days for your answer and you are logged in right now ?

BlackHawk6497
04-16-13, 04:00 PM
All I was told when I asked him is "that may be a problem", then the subject was changed and I was told about the advantages of a lot of other MOS's.. After a lot of though I am starting to lean towards 02XX rather than 58XX. I suppose my only question now is the process in selecting an MOS/field in recruitment. How exactly does this process work? How many fields will I be required to choose, when will I find out what field I have been put in, etc.

Rocky C
04-16-13, 04:35 PM
These are all questions that you should be asking your Recruiter.
Re-read your first post please.

You said you are signing your contract in 15 days and your asking these questions here and now ?

BlackHawk6497
04-16-13, 05:03 PM
I have already received the answers from my recruiter but I am mainly asking to verify the validity of what I have already been told.

Tennessee Top
04-16-13, 05:46 PM
What we are trying to make you understand is we are not recruiters (never been one; had orders to recruiter's school at one time but they got changed through no fault of my own). You need to trust what your recruiter tells you. They are the experts and have no reason to lie to you. If you feel you are not being given a fair shake you need to go down the hallway and talk to another service's recruiter.