PDA

View Full Version : After 7 months on the Island, finally becomes Marine

LastXdeth
04-06-13, 11:26 PM
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Been a while since I probe these forums as a poolee trying to satisfy my nervous breakdown of boot camp. After being dropped twice to the Parris Island Medical Rehabilitation Platoon because my legs were a bunch of pansies, I am now proud to say that I have earned the title April 5th, 2013 after arriving on Parris Island on August 19th, 2012.

Motivation for pooleees: if you really want it, you can get it! I was supposed to be separated from recruit training because I was on the island too long, but my senior drill instructor got me a waiver which was approved by the recruit training regimental commander. STAY DEDICATED.

Rocky C
04-07-13, 09:22 AM
Wow, 7 Months ?. The average time for a Recruit in MRP is 51 days.

Job well done Marine !!!

I will change your status here to " Marine " .

Please square away your profile with all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Thank you.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

William Hardy
04-07-13, 09:35 AM
Mentally you were a Marine before you graduated. Congratulations! Now take that attitude of yours and lead. Well done.

m14ed
04-07-13, 11:09 AM
I see they located this where we "Grownups" can comment on this.

congratulations Marine...

Rocky C
04-07-13, 11:13 AM
Hahahaha!!!
That was Great Ed.

I can't believe you noticed I moved it here so more could comment.

Nice......

LastXdeth
04-07-13, 07:19 PM
Profile squared away, aye, sir!

Yeah, I got dropped into MRP twice because my legs were being pansies and didn't want to take me through the rigors of recruit training in one try. I had several opportunities to go home during MRP, but that was the easy way. Thanks for all the support gentlemen!

SGT7477
04-07-13, 07:34 PM
Congrats, wow 7 months, you had enough time there to get promoted, Semper Fidelis.

m14ed
04-08-13, 02:50 AM
Hahahaha!!!
That was Great Ed.

I can't believe you noticed I moved it here so more could comment.

Nice......

***you've gotta remember ROCK,
that I'm up early eyeballing these posts
this one,, i was anxious to post into
about the young mans Perseverance (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perseverance)
and a hearty Congratulations.....

Congrats,
wow 7 months,

you had enough time there to get promoted,

Semper Fidelis.

**he got an "OVER 6Months" pay raise

TazMatt
04-08-13, 07:52 AM
Good job on the Graduating of Boot Camp no matter what may come.Continue on your journey with this attitude and you should do well.
Semper Fi Marine.

doc h fmf
04-08-13, 09:05 AM
CONGRAT SEDETH, WHAT EXACTLY IS WRONG WITH YOUR LEGS? Even though you graduated boot camp, you may have problems later and wind up with a medical discharge anyway, Because I have dealt with Marines...

thewookie
04-08-13, 09:16 AM
Profile squared away, aye, sir!

Yeah, I got dropped into MRP twice because my legs were being pansies and didn't want to take me through the rigors of recruit training in one try. I had several opportunities to go home during MRP, but that was the easy way. Thanks for all the support gentlemen!

Nice job, heart is a huge quality that will do you well down the road.

Semper Fi

Tookie22
04-08-13, 05:56 PM
Congrats. That shows heart and dedication. Good luck with your career. On the bright side by the time you hit the fleet your first enlistment will be halfway over. Just keep truckin

LastXdeth
04-08-13, 10:52 PM
I just had tibia stress fractures in both my legs. For the first time, it was my right leg. The second time, it was my left leg. The Navy medical officer at the Parris Island branch clinic informed...

Engineerjet
04-08-13, 10:56 PM
I was dropped to MRP 2/28/12 for 5 weeks. Is SSgt Decker still there?

LastXdeth
04-09-13, 07:19 AM
I heard about him. I think he went back into the Fleet. I dropped 10/16/2012 and it was SDI SSgt Worley. Now, it's SDI SSgt Williams.

doc h fmf
04-09-13, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear that sedeth <semper fi and goodluck with your marine corps career stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

hbharrison
04-11-13, 12:48 AM
Congrates Marine well done now keep on keepin on.

Hammer
04-11-13, 06:03 AM
Congratulations Marine! I hope that you decide to make the Corps your career, because we need Marines like you to keep it straight.

Semper Fi!

AlwaysWillBe
04-13-13, 07:40 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard.

MunkyVsRobot
04-14-13, 03:34 PM
Wow, 7 Months ?. The average time for a Recruit in MRP is 51 days.

Job well done Marine !!!

I will change your status here to " Marine " .

Please square away your profile with all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Thank you.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

That might have been what it used to be. Ive heard some horror stories about going to MRP or the medical plt even at MCT you go there and get forgotten about. One of the guys I was at MCT with was a lance when he got there.

And to the OP gratz on the graduation

VINCE8541
04-15-13, 08:58 AM
Good Job, way to stick with it, Now you are a Marine for the rest of your life

HST
04-16-13, 10:30 AM
Dude, you've got more balls than batman. Congratulations and welcome to the big bad green machine

madsox
04-16-13, 04:53 PM
Congratulations, young Marine!

That kind of dedication is inspiring, and it's a great start to your time in the Corps. I wish more people had that attitude.

Curtin
05-12-13, 11:13 PM
You were originally in echo company?