PDA

View Full Version : MOL Security clearance question

Deliveryboy22
03-28-13, 10:03 PM
What's going on all:

I'm applying to a lot of local law enforcement agencies, and if I did in fact have a security clearance this would help me out a ton.

I need to know how can I check to see if I have a security clearance?

On MOL>Personel Info>BTR>under service training

I found this:

<tbody style="font-size: 9pt;">
SECURITY TYPE INVEST CODE: XX

SECURITY ELIGIBLE CODE: S

SECURITY CLEAR ELIG DATE: 2008-08-01

<tbody style="font-size: 9pt;">
SECURITY INVEST COMPLETE DATE: 2008-07-22

INTELLIGENCE TRAINING HOURS: 0

</tbody>

</tbody>

Does this mean I have a security clearance of "secret?"

The Security Type Invest Code actually says "XX"

I do know that security clearances at this level are on a need to know basis, but if I could use this in an application it would help with my processing at local law enforcement agencies.

Thanks.

m14ed
03-29-13, 03:07 AM
I cant help you with MOL,,,BUT.

Usually , you know when you are in an MOS that requires a Clearance..

By what you've posted while asking....I'd doubt that you have ......

Betcha don't work in CRYPTO do you ?, or something like it....

You'd know you did..

Good luck with it

Deliveryboy22
03-29-13, 03:11 AM
I'm not in a MOS that required it. (Motor T) When I logged onto Marine Online I noticed the above information, which is why I wish to know why it would display the information listed if I never applied for a security clearance. (At least I don't recall applying for one.)

Kegler300
03-29-13, 05:35 AM
Since the beginning of OEF back in 2003, every Marine that enlists is required to complete the NACLC background investigation whether they need a secret security clearance or not. It appears your BI was closed on 20080722, which is the date of the investigation, and adjudicated by DONCAF on 20080801 which is the date they determined your eligibility for a secret clearance.

m14ed
03-30-13, 03:48 AM
Marines required to complete the NACLC background investigation ,
whether they need a secret security clearance or not.

It appears your BI was closed on 20080722, ,
which is the date of the investigation, ,
and adjudicated by DONCAF on 20080801 which is the date ,
they determined your ((eligibility))** for a secret clearance.

OK kegs ,, he has a pulse.....
saying he MAY be Eligible ?????????????

Betcha he doesn't have one...

Ray Harvey
03-30-13, 09:06 AM
Most Marine's that worked in S-1 or S-2 in the company or above offices had a secret clearance. Has the brother's have said all are prepared for the clearance which may be needed at any time...... Most Officer and SNCO's do have one...

Kegler300
03-30-13, 11:54 AM
DONCAF determines the Marine's eligiblity based on the results of the investigation; the command determines access based on need-to-know, and the Marine's eligibility for that access. Eligibility and access are separate issues.

MunkyVsRobot
04-14-13, 03:57 PM
MOL wont tell you the type of security clearance you have but if you rate one it will look as such under your BTR section.

SECURITY TYPE INVEST CODE: #
SECURITY ELIGIBLE CODE: V
SECURITY CLEAR ELIG DATE: ####-##-##
PLACE OF BIRTH: ##
COUNTY: ###
SECURITY INVEST COMPLETE DATE: ####-##-##
INTELLIGENCE TRAINING HOURS: #

Doctored it up a bit because I copied it from my MOL but thats what it would look like. I believe the letter is what tells the Marine corps what level it is there is a lot of different letters there can be maybe the SSO can tell you what level of security clearance you hold. that would be your best bet.