PDA

View Full Version : Prior service enlistment?

Kennedyxbullet
03-28-13, 12:05 AM
Hey gents,

Alright, so I've been off active duty since April of 2012 and joined October 2007 and I was a Cpl as an 0351 with no NJPs. I miss the Corps, civ life isn't what I thought it would be so I was wondering what my chances of being able to go back as active duty were. I did 4 1/2 as a grunt so I'd like to go back as something else, I was thinking heavy equipment but my MOS wouldn't be a deal breaker. If any of you guys have any pointers for me that would be great. Also, how do I get a hold of a prior service recruiter? That is if they're the ones I have to talk to or would I have to go see a regular recruiter? Thanks gents.

m14ed
03-28-13, 02:04 AM
Your profile is "Lacking"

ChuckH
03-28-13, 04:14 AM
Thread Closed
Fill out your profile completely before making any posts. Site Rules.
Contact and Admin or Squad Leader to reopen thread when profile is completed.

Lisa 23
03-28-13, 07:49 AM
Profile complete...thread re-opened.

Tennessee Top
03-29-13, 12:53 AM
You will have to go through a prior service recruiter. A regular recruiter will have their contact info. Reading recent posts on here from prior service Marines trying to get back in, it appears nobody is having any luck. Most can't even get a reply from their prior service recruiter. Won't hurt to try. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Tookie22
04-03-13, 06:29 PM
https://www.marines.usmc.mil/RS/pages/brc/psr.html
The phone number for the nearest MEPs is where you will find your closest PSR. Its tough to come back in but good luck. This whole down size makes everything difficult.

cue606
04-04-13, 06:38 AM
I thought about it a while back but I don't know that I could serve with the current commander in chief plus all the guys I served with are E-7s and 8s now. At least I'd have guarenteed access to coffee every morning. I think next year I'll hit that age wall so let me know how it works out!

jarhead-0311
04-09-13, 03:04 PM
got out in 03' and came back in 08' I just went to a normal recruiter whole process took like a month , I got to keep my rank but lost my time in grade . As far as you coming back in I don't think you will have any luck now as the Marine Corps is downsizing and Sgt's are getting the boot after 10 years (it was 13) I needed a waiver for this last reenlistment as I am going over 10 years on this contract. But give it a try anyway worst thing the recruiter can tell you is no.