PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been a Coyote?

chadhertz
03-26-13, 01:17 AM
Didn't find any threads on this in the search. Looking for anyone who's been a coyote out at EMV. After this deployment I'm looking on going that route. Trying to figure out what the work schedule is like hours and days stuff like that?

m14ed
03-26-13, 02:37 AM
Anyone ever been a Coyote?
Maybe,,

A few of us have slept with one or two,,

but won't admit it.....

ChuckH
03-26-13, 06:28 AM
Slept with a pig once....

Phantom Blooper
03-26-13, 07:05 AM
Anyone ever been a Coyote?

Nope...but I been a jackazz allot of times!

Mongoose
03-26-13, 07:53 AM
Nope, but I always wanted too......but it's o.k. being a Mongoose.

advanced
03-26-13, 09:16 AM
I only slept with nice girls.

chadhertz
03-26-13, 09:18 AM
Not the responses I was looking for, got a chuckle out of them though haha

Old Marine
03-26-13, 10:33 AM
Have seen quite a few crossing the border between San Diego and Mexico.

thewookie
03-26-13, 10:45 AM
I've heard the term and know what he is referring to, sure some of you comedians have, too. But just in case...

Behind every successful Combined Arms Exercise here, there is a band of "coyotes" ensuring safety on the ranges and at times offering tactics to participating units.

These "coyotes" are not small wolf-like dogs roaming the desert, but a group of 35 Marines, including reserve augments, with different occupational specialties in combat arms at the Tactical Training Exercise Control Group.

Since the beginning of CAX, when it was called the Palm Tree Exercise, there have been Marines operating as range controllers. However, there wasn't an official designation to the band of Marines working in that capacity until 1981.

During the upstart, the "coyotes" were originally tasked with observing and evaluating the training conducted by units visiting Twenty-nine Palms, as part of the Tactical Exercise Evaluation and Control Group

http://www.pendleton.marines.mil/PendletonNews/NewsArticleDisplay/tabid/5440/Article/94227/coyotes-keep-watch-prey-on-unsafe-tactics.aspx

ChuckH
03-26-13, 11:01 AM
To be honest.. I have never heard the term before.
Just what is it?

thewookie
03-26-13, 11:11 AM
To be honest.. I have never heard the term before.
Just what is it?

They are 'actors' in scenes they make up for training and things like that. I'm just going off the top of my head. But they are the logistics behind CAX and whatever else they call those training exercises these days.

I think....

ChuckH
03-26-13, 11:43 AM
I know they are a Marine Squadron also.
HMLA-775 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMLA-775), United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron known as the Coyotes

chadhertz
03-26-13, 12:22 PM
Sorry for the confusion forgot anyone who hasn't been active duty in the last 10 years or so would have no idea what I'm talking about. Coyotes are the Marines who evaluate all the ranges during what is commonly called CAX or EMV, but the newest version is now called ITX (Integrated Training Excersize). You basically run the ranges with the grunts as a PSO, and then evaluate how well they did and give them feedback on what they need to work on afterwards.

m14ed
03-27-13, 04:21 AM
Slept with a pig once....

Didja play "RODEO" with her ???

or DIDJA just PORK HER ?

Sorry for the confusion forgot anyone who hasn't been active duty in the last 10 years or so would have no idea what I'm talking about. Coyotes are the Marines who evaluate all the ranges during what is commonly called CAX or EMV, but the newest version is now called ITX (Integrated Training Excersize). You basically run the ranges with the grunts as a PSO, and then evaluate how well they did and give them feedback on what they need to work on afterwards.

Crap Marine,, we don't care,,
Sometimes,, Small things, amuze small minds...
we've made the best of bad situations,,, NO PROBLEM

m14ed
03-27-13, 04:26 AM
IF we had some beans,,

to go with the pork

we could have called it

Ham & M*ther*uckEr$ ????

thewookie
03-27-13, 07:00 AM

In my day we called Coyote's Private First Class and Lance Corporals :)

Good luck searching, Marine.

jarhead-0311
04-09-13, 03:00 PM
I am TAD as a coyote now, The quick lowdown you don't work normal days (you might work weekends ect.) You do get days off if everyone is off (non-training day) Your first cycle sucks because you work every training day because you have to get trained and qualified as a coyote . Once that is done your 2nd. training cycle you will have days off depending on how many qualified coyotes you have in your shop (not every coyote is needed for every training day ex. they need 5 you have 10 in your shop) last cycle I had 5 days off in a row once ....Once the training cycle is done you get a 72, then you get a 72 before the next cycle begins. Time between cycles depends it could be 1,2 weeks or a month and a half...What you do during this time depends on your leadership we will usually do some back in the saddle training early days off by 11:00. During training days some days will be long some will be short just depends...