PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

joey360r
03-10-13, 02:13 PM
Good afternoon fellow Marines. I go to MCT tomorrow and I'm thinking about maybe trying to get RA after MCT so I could pick up Lance Corporal(if I get 2 referrals). But the problem is that I heard my MOS(Motor T 3521) has long pickup waits at Camp Johnson. If I were to get RA it would suck if I missed pickup but at the same time I would hate to wait at Camp Johnson without having RA and at the same time blowing away a good opportunity to get promoted. I was wondering if any Marines had pickup schedules of the 3521 course or any idea of how often pickup is at Camp Johnson. Thank you for your time Marines. Semper Fi

josephd
03-10-13, 11:41 PM
Good afternoon fellow Marines. I go to MCT tomorrow and I'm thinking about maybe trying to get RA after MCT so I could pick up Lance Corporal(if I get 2 referrals). But the problem is that I heard my MOS(Motor T 3521) has long pickup waits at Camp Johnson. If I were to get RA it would suck if I missed pickup but at the same time I would hate to wait at Camp Johnson without having RA and at the same time blowing away a good opportunity to get promoted. I was wondering if any Marines had pickup schedules of the 3521 course or any idea of how often pickup is at Camp Johnson. Thank you for your time Marines. Semper Fi

if you are doing it just to pick up LCpl I would suggest you not do it. Picking LCpl. a few months early isn't going to help you in the long run of your Marine Corps career.

If you are doing it because the school is backed up that's fine, it will also get you out of sitting around in a MAT(Marines awaiting training) platoon and keep you out of trouble.

USMCARivera
03-11-13, 11:39 PM
RA can be very difficult, the RA's we've had coming through my RSS have worked just as hard if not harder than the recruiters. So if you're taking it just to pick up rank that's completely pointless but if the recruiters at the station you'll be working at are anything like the myself and my fellow recruiters, you'll definately be earning that rank.