PDA

View Full Version : Motor Transportation.. will you experience combat?

Tmckee94
03-08-13, 03:18 PM
So My MOS is going to be Motor T and I was wondering what are the chances of experiencing combat.. Like i know youll be on a base but would about when you go into the field?

josephd
03-08-13, 03:49 PM
It's possible, if we get into another conflict, if you get stationed with a unit that goes outside the wire and out on convoys.

I know motor-t Marines that have more combat experience than most infantry Marines, I also know a few of them that have never even set foot outside the U.S.

It can and will vary quite a bit depending on what kind of unit you are with.

Zulu 36
03-08-13, 03:52 PM
So My MOS is going to be Motor T and I was wondering what are the chances of experiencing combat.. Like i know youll be on a base but would about when you go into the field?

This assumes several things: First, whether you are assigned to a fleet unit or not. Second, whether your fleet unit goes on a combat deployment or not. Third, whether you are a driver or not. All of those increase your chances of "experiencing combat."

Not all of the people who have been running over IEDs in Iraq and Afghanistan were/are grunts. Guess who?

During Vietnam, motor vehicle operators had one of the highest casualty rates behind grunts. I don't know the figures from the latest wars, but it could be similar. Most of the instructors at my MV Operators course had Purple Hearts. I managed to avoid one of those when I was in Vietnam, but not from lack of trying on Charlie's part.

Tmckee94
03-08-13, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the replies.. i just want to experience some combat as crazy as it sounds

josephd
03-08-13, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the replies.. i just want to experience some combat as crazy as it sounds

it's not as exciting as you think

USMCARivera
03-11-13, 04:59 PM
i just want to experience some combat as crazy as it soundsBeen playing some Call of Duty, haven't you?