PDA

View Full Version : Troops Waited While Hillary Chowed Down

hank1
12-08-03, 08:10 AM
I hope this isn't bogus. You know, one of those things that find their way around the internet only to be proven a made up story.

I received it in email. I believe it comes from Master Gunnery Sgt Lee Forester, who served with 1st. M.P. Bn. in Vietnam. (See our site at United States Marine Corps, 1st Military Police Bn., Force Logistics Command, DaNang, South Vietnam (http://www.1stmp.net/)). But I'm not sure, because he was called up early this year and went back to Iraq (he was in the first gulf war), never getting any email from him since then.

On the other hand, if it isn't bogus, it's good to get a closer look. It looked on TV to be just this way, but you had to read between the lines.

Received from: Ordnance Handling Officer
USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65) Box 21
"I have a simple philosophy. Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches."

Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003 12:44 a.m. EST
Bagram GI: Troops Waited While Hillary Chowed Down
U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton forced U.S. troops stationed at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan to wait for their Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday while she and her entourage arrived late, then cut in line and were served first.

A soldier who witnessed the scene tells NewsMax:
"Thanksgiving Dinner started at 3 p.m. that day, so the line was forming around 2:30 p.m. She didn't show up until around 3:30 p.m.

"Once she got there," our source maintains, "Clinton and her entourage bumped everyone in line, forcing them to wait almost an extra hour."

The brass at Bagram apparently had a hard time rounding up New Yorkers who wanted to have dinner with Clinton, D-N.Y. Only six GIs responded to an e-mail sent out last week that stated, "Looking for military members from New York and Rhode Island interested in meeting their Senator/Congressman."

People magazine was on hand to cover the event and wanted to interview the troops for reaction to Clinton's visit.
"But they were getting declined left and right," our source said. "People were actually telling the reporters, 'You don't want to print what I think about her and her visit.'"

After Clinton and her entourage departed, the only topics GIs wanted to talk about were "how great the food was and how fantastic they thought George Bush's visit to Iraq was."

GySgtRet
12-08-03, 04:59 PM
Hank1,

Even if it isn't true, it sure sounds like a Clinton thing...............?

greensideout
12-08-03, 08:53 PM
Sounds a lot like "someone" who got a haircut at the airport.

Tom D
12-08-03, 09:13 PM
She is such a commie. My dad sent me this info recently.

Doc Crow
12-09-03, 12:01 AM
Guess some people forgot the Junior Troops eat first

Devildogg4ever
12-09-03, 04:06 AM
I reckon if she was President, the nation would be waiting around for everything! Can you imagine her at a peace talk? "Sorry I'm an hour late everyone, couldn't find my beautician, til I found Bill"!

ivalis
12-09-03, 09:22 PM
At least there were reporters at the event, unlike the prez's phony photo op w/ a fake turkey.

garryh123
12-09-03, 09:36 PM
uh....ok....sure....um....fake turkey....phony photo....right....um...sure...koo koo!

lurchenstein
12-10-03, 01:08 AM
At least there were reporters at the event, unlike the prez's phony photo op w/ a fake turkey.

I'd trust the troops' response over reporters any day. Would you venture to say either Clinton has captured much admiration from the troops?

CPLRapoza
12-10-03, 03:37 AM
Clinton is a boner, more so then the one Monica is familiar with.

tommyboy
12-10-03, 03:55 PM
Wouldnt surprise me in the least. In Desert Sheild a few of us in my platoon got picked to go see Bush sr. on thanksgiving. After a five hr truck ride, us grunts were the last in line and I got two yams and a glass of milk. We ate our mre's after we got back late at night. Fun stuff!

ivalis
12-10-03, 04:09 PM
Tommy boy, that's the Marines I remember.
Here's your ticket to Bob Hope. Whoopee, ya might as well stayed on the hill, you were that far away.

This was nothing but a publicity stunt. A hand picked crowd of REMFs.

Lurchenstein, how would we know how the troops felt in the absense of reporters??? I see the prez was accompanied by photographers and FOX news guys. We all know how FOX reports the news.

garryh123
12-10-03, 05:02 PM
Yup FOX is much better than the f*cked up liberal media.

tommyboy
12-10-03, 06:46 PM
ivalis....I was there for a Hope show also. It took us about six hours to get there and he was about an hour late. While we waited they asked if any Marines who thought they were funny to get up on stage. After a few guys got up we decided to get up there and sing. We had made up a bunch of christmas songs singin about saddam and whatnot. The guy liked us so much we waited there on top of the truck till Hope showed up and sang for him. It made it onto his christmas special! Is that the show you saw?

ivalis
12-10-03, 08:28 PM
tommy, not hardly, had the chance to see Hope in Danang in 1971.

Told the gunny,"F*** Bob Hope, send me on R & R if ya wanna do me a favor". For that response I got to paint p!ss tubes instead. Oops!

They sat the jarheads so far away I was better off listening on AFVN anyway.

greensideout
12-10-03, 08:41 PM
I was looking for my front row photo of Bob Hope, 1962 but haven't found it yet. I did run across this USO shot however.

"You, Marine, I want to sing you a love song"!
Yep, that's me.:)

RichLundeen
12-10-03, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't eat around her either! Or anything else!

Semper Fi

Rich

lurchenstein
12-11-03, 01:28 AM
Lurchenstein, how would we know how the troops felt in the absense of reporters???

H*ll if I know (never turn on TV news). The only way to know for sure is to be there.