PDA

View Full Version : Lat move

williamccraft
03-01-13, 06:25 PM
I am a reservist with 9 months of obligated time left. I am of the group being affected by the FSRG. My options were to sit around until my mandatory drill stop date and get out, or find a new home with a spot for me. I could go to another unit, but the options once I got there would be the same. The one thing they said I could do is LAT MOVE. I want to take advantage of this opportunity to move to Intel. Any advice?

Tennessee Top
03-02-13, 01:42 AM
Won't you still have to find a reserve intel unit (or is there one already near you)?

williamccraft
03-02-13, 05:17 PM
From what I know there is one MARFORRES unit near me that deals with intel. Other than that I might be able to get with any unit that has an Intel Section. Or, I can get with S-3, so long as the number of intel personell they are allowed is not maxed out. I also know that due to the FSRG, they are making special considerations to remburse marines that drill outside of there 100 mile radius. I will go anywhere to drill so long as its made affordable.

LCpl Blackwell
03-04-13, 01:24 PM
As an AD 0231, if you do decide to Lat Move into intel do your research. When I say research I dont mean google everything under the sun and come up with a conclusion. talk to people within the IC (Intelligence Community.) Everyone has different experiences, some good and some bad. if you do decide to enter as a 0231 (the only intel field I can speak on from experience) then I would just make sure your eligible for you TS/SCI, and seek out some OJT if you can from any nearby units.

Good Luck.

cue606
03-05-13, 06:40 AM
Intel is awesome for when you get out. You'll be making big bucks on the outside!!! I knew an Air Force buddy from high school that did that. Worked at the Pentagon and took his discharge. He kept...