PDA

View Full Version : Going from reserves to active

jbake33
02-26-13, 09:01 PM
I am currently trying to get into the Marine Corps. I am 22, single parent. Have been getting laser removal on a tattoo that I had on my wrist. My recruiter just sent the pic of my tattoo up to Dallas. The reason I am posting is cause they are saying I can't go active because I am not married, reserves is the only choice for me right now unless I get married before going in. i am not interested in getting married anytime soon but was wondering if I joined reserves, is there a possibility of going from reserves to active duty after I got in?

Lisa 23
02-26-13, 09:23 PM
Thread closed until you have a complete profile besides a first and last name.....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums. When profile is complete, PM any Squad Leader from the Squad Leaders sticky in the Ask A Marine forum and thread will be re-opened.

Lisa 23
02-26-13, 10:12 PM
Profile complete....thread reopened.

josephd
02-26-13, 11:10 PM
Simple answer....No.

Complicated answer...It is possible but with the Corps drawing out of Afghanistan, downsizing, and with budget cuts it probably won't happen unless you are a NCO and you can fill a much needed active duty MOS/job/billet. So still no.