PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a Medical Issue

JAMarine
02-20-13, 06:06 PM
Semper Fi All;
I am reaching out to my Brothers and Sisters with a problem. I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while and hope all is well with those I've come across before and all new Marines and Poole wanna-b's. The wish of a spectacular career goes out to you from JAM.

I will apologize up front if I'm putting this request in the wrong Forum and/or arena. I'm sure someone will let me know if it is and I'll be glad to delete and/or move it to a more appropriate place.

I am a Disabled Vet with Chronic Lower Back Issues. I have of late (1.5 years) been having problems in the sacrum area. I am experiencing excruciating pain in the "tail-bone" when ever the abdominal muscles are used ie; Coughing, Sneezing, exertion to move fast or raise my voice, etc. The pain is pretty much consistent now throughout the day.
I am reaching out in an attempt of finding anyone that has/had or know of anyone that has experienced this type of chronic pain. With this information I'm hoping to re-direct the pain experts in a resolution direction.
I've now seen two different Nero-surgical groups and am at the end of the 2nd final diagnosis. The only solution at this point is to have a Spin Stimulator implanted onto the spine for pain management. This would be similar to a TENS Unit being put inside the body with the controller implanted as well . This is due to all tests run and evaluated have come up with "no recognizable cause for the pain".
So with that; If anyone with similar pain or anyone that knows or has heard of someone having these type of issues; please contact me here or use my personal e-mail, jamarine@comcast.net.
Thank you.
Semper Fi and God Bless
rich

Rocky C
02-20-13, 06:14 PM
Richard,

Sorry to hear about your medical problem Brother.
I wish I had some answers for you but I do not but wanted to reach out to you and say you will be in my Thoughts and Prayers.

I am also going to move your Thread from the " Slope Shute " to " Open Squad Bay " so more will see it and perhaps you can get more answers.

Try and feel the best you can Rich. I'm with you all the way.

Semper Fi,
Rocky

JAMarine
02-20-13, 09:11 PM
Thank you Rocky. I haven't been in here in a while and Gerald has really done a job on this site since then. I appreciate you moving this to a more visible arena. Semper Fi Brother.
rich

m14ed
02-21-13, 06:31 AM
http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/spine-anatomy/sacrum-sacral-region

The sacral region (sacrum) is at the bottom of the spine and lies between the fifth segment of the lumbar spine (L5) and the coccyx (http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/spine-anatomy/anatomy-coccyx-tailbone) (tailbone).
The sacrum is a triangular-shaped bone and consists of five segments (S1 – S5) that are fused together.
Components of the Sacral Region (Sacrum)

The first three vertebrae in the sacral region have transverse processes that come together to form wide lateral wings called alae. These alae articulate with the blades of the pelvis (ilium).
As part of the pelvic girdle, the sacrum forms the back wall of the pelvis and also forms joints at the hip bone called the sacroiliac joints (http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction/sacroiliac-joint-dysfunction-si-joint-pain).
The sacrum contains a series of four openings on each side through which the sacral nerves and blood vessels run.
The sacral canal runs down the center of the sacrum and represents the end of the vertebral canal.

A healthy sacral region is rarely fractured except in instances of serious injury, such as a fall or trauma to the area. However, patients with osteoporosis (http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/osteoporosis) or rheumatoid arthritis are inclined to develop stress fractures and fatigue fractures in the sacrum.
Article continues below

************************************************** *************************************************

Richard,

I was lost on your post and looked this up for others who may not know the terms but who are anxious for you to gain a manageable victory over your problem.

I'm also hesitent to ask IF you have done or tried INVERSION ?

inversion theropy/ Inversion Table, whatever , you know, where you hang by your heals upside down for a while each whenevers.....

The price on one of these inversion units is around a hundred and a half/ Sturdy enough to hang and drain a MOOSE !. They work better than Ciropractors...and small enough to drop in any room in the house...

GOOD LUCK with it, and we hope to see you around again - sic-lame - / and/or -lazy.

m14ed/ thefew

<ins style="display:inline-table;border:none;height:280px;margin:0;padding:0; position:relative;visibility:visible;width:336px"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="display:block;border:none;height:280px;margin:0;pa dding:0;position:relative;visibility:visible;width :336px"></ins></ins>

JAMarine
02-25-13, 12:26 AM
Thanks 14. I appreciate the words and the definition you attached. My Sacrum issue is with the sacrum nervous system. At least I think so and so does the VA but I can't seen to get speedy results with them so I've been using outside civilian physicians. The bone scans, MRI's, etc, etc don't seem to show why there is pain. It's unbearable sometimes. Results of the latest MRI of the Thoracic and Cervical spine are tomorrow. We'll see.
Thanks again Brother.
rich

TMM54
02-25-13, 03:34 PM
I am a chiropractor, and I see a patient with similar pain complaints about once a week.

If the bone scans, MRIs etc don't show the doctors that are looking at them what is wrong, I suggest getting an opinion from a chiropractor.

Chiropractic care solved my health issues.

I treat lots of veterans.

Chiropractors are in many VA hospitals now. Try it and find out for yourself.

PM me if I can help or you want to discuss.

Prayers, and Semper Fi,

Tom
Dr. Tom Murray
Chiropractor
Raytown, Missouri

JAMarine
02-25-13, 07:38 PM
Thank you Dr. Murray. I would like to discuss this with you in hopes you might give me some tools to I can better explain my issues with the VA folks. I did however find out today I have a bulging disc at T-9/T-10. The Anothesioligist is supposed to perform an Epidural this next Tuesday. She says that the nerves coming from this region can effect the testicals but she is unsure if the pain I'm having is caused by this latest find. This is the first time any MRI's or Scans have been done higher than the Lumbar area.
If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them.
Thank you very much for responding.
rich