PDA

View Full Version : difference in discharge ?

boxinggsxr
02-15-13, 12:42 PM
what are the pros and cons of getting honorably medically seperated/retired vs just getting honorably discharged?

boxinggsxr
02-15-13, 01:00 PM
so far all i can think of off top of my head is if its a medication seperation then you have base privlages for rest of your life along with being eligable to get tricare...thats all i can think of on the positive side...

on negitive side ya if you try n apply for any law enforcement job you most likely wont get it because you'd be considered a liability

Rocky C
02-15-13, 05:05 PM
If you get a MEDSEP you could possibly end up with Service Connected Disability Compensation if it was Service related.

Also with a MEDSEP you do not get base Privleges. You have to be 100% SC P&T to use the PX and Commissary.

boxinggsxr
02-16-13, 09:06 PM
I already have the service connected disability and they are barely bringing this up to me that they are putting me on med board to seperate me..

"Also with a MEDSEP you do not get base Privleges. You have to be 100% SC P&T to use the PX and Commissary."???\

whats SC p&t? i think this is complete bs they just want to get rid of me im good at what i do & i love being in infantry, but one person always jacks **** up for the rest. anyway so what are the goods and bads and how is that seperation different than medical retirement?

Rocky C
02-17-13, 03:53 PM
1st question. 100 % Service Connected, Permanent and Total.

2nd question. Medical Separation vs Medical Retirement.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/medseparation.htm

tripledog
02-17-13, 06:08 PM
So how or who referred you to the boards ? And why ?

Ray Harvey
02-17-13, 08:13 PM
I have read what all of those people have written and am concerned because I have lung cancer and throat cancer which is being treated at a local VA Medical Center. People are telling me at at a 100 percent because of it. Now if anyone knows the real deal about it please let me know what's going with this..... Thanks!

boxinggsxr
02-17-13, 09:55 PM
im 80% service connected throught he va but our doc said they are putting me up on meb and if that came back that i was unfit for duty then i could do a peb but that would be the final answer. i dont understand why they would seperate me without severence pay or if that would be considered tdrl?