PDA

View Full Version : HONORABLE discharge paper

8th&I Marine
08-29-02, 01:36 PM
here is the deal. i have got my dd214 but i would like to have the paper that says i have been honorably discharged from the USMC. my father has his hung on the wall and i would like to do the same...

CAS3
08-29-02, 01:42 PM
As far as I know, the USMC does not issue that anymore. They only give you the DD214 which states honorable discharge.

SGT T
08-29-02, 01:48 PM
THEY DO ISSUE THOSE FORMS BUT ONLY WHEN YOU REENLIST. HOWEVER IF YOU GET IN CONTACT WITH A MARINE RESERVE UNIT THEY WILL MORE THAN LIKELY TYPE ONE UP FOR YOU

Barrio_rat
08-29-02, 02:11 PM
After my entire 8 year enlistment (6 years active and 2 years in the IRR) was up, it was mailed to me. It should still be in the original envelope in some file somewhere in the house waiting for me to get off my duff and get my military stuff done so it can all go on the wall. I'll see if I can find it and maybe there's some info with it that can shed some light on where/if you can get yours.

mrbsox
08-29-02, 03:26 PM
When I EAS'd in '79, I got my 214, page 4 (I think), which was a reqular 8.5 X 11 page. Not full length. I asked for page 5 (I think), which was the full 8.5 X 14 page, and it had "HONORABLE" on it....

LCplColeen
08-30-02, 11:02 PM
I got out in '91 & received mine...seem to think that it was sent after my IRR time also. FYI, have your DD214 put on file with you local county clerks office too. that was an issue for me when i need a "certified true copy" for something... Was never aware of that one...

dnelson
08-31-02, 11:15 AM
Response to that last post DO NOT PUT YOU DD-214 ON FILE With Identity theft as bad as it is your record at most county clerks office is public information. I get the Semper Fidelis (Memorandum for Retired Marines) it came out warning Marines to not do that. I would quote the article but cannot find that issue if some body has that please post it.

So Please DO Not Put you DD-214 out for public veiwing.

Semper Fi

thedrifter
08-31-02, 11:45 AM
Please take note to the above remarks.......

I agree the computer age has brought out more ways to steal and obtain our info. and we don't find out about it till it's too late......

Sempers,

Roger

Laamie
09-02-02, 01:10 AM
Any relatonship? He was a Mustanger & respected by all.
Believe he was killed in a hunting accident in the mid 80's, someplace out West.
S/F,
Dick
btw: He was with LAAM Bn, in Nam, 1967.

mrbsox
09-02-02, 11:12 PM
DD214. Update to the info previously posted.

I got the Origonal TOP COPY, which was page 1. Bottom right corner is a box (#30) for requesting Page 4, which has the "HONORABLE" typed onto it.

Terry

8th&I Marine
09-03-02, 05:33 PM
I guess the first mistake i made was filing my dd214 with the county. I did that 10 yrs ago. My moms law firm did it for me. As for getting what i asked for i will try and call Aco. 1/23 and see what they can do for me. I guess i should ask someone in S-1?

cantrell

onedevildog
09-05-02, 07:06 PM
Here's the Deal... Marine.. Most of the posts sent you were downrange all black. As a rule you do not get your "wall hanger" until you have completely finished your term of service. This means if you...