PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a traffic infraction

CC323
02-09-13, 06:01 AM
Dear Leatherneck Community,

I am a potential enlistee who is just at the stage of scheduling his ASVAB; when filling out my Moral Character profile online at the recruiting office, I chose to include a ticket that I received roughly two years ago that was given due to lack of current tags on the vehicle (registration and insurance were paid, but no sticker was attached to the plate.)

I didn't own the vehicle and was simply the driver, and thanks to my purchasing a copy of my DMV Driving History/Record, I appear to have no Departmental Actions, Convictions, or anything else indicating that I would have a ticket. I assume that this ticket is on the owners' records (my parents). Should I ask my recruiter to have this information removed from my Moral Character section, or is there someone else I should talk to in the meanwhile?

Many thanks for your time and assistance.

Respectful regards,
Chris

Rocky C
02-09-13, 09:15 AM
Ask your Recruiter.

CC323
03-02-13, 12:32 AM
Thank you for the accurate and correct advice, PFC Rocky C. That is certainly the wisest course of action for any other recruit who may be in a similar position to mine.

To give more info to other recruits, tickets such as this (basically a fix-it ticket) that *aren't in your name* nor are on your DMV record actually *should* be reported because you were addressed and cited by an LEO, regardless of whether the culpability is genuinely yours. It isn't a black mark, but does need to be reported to your recruiters.

CC323

Rocky C
03-02-13, 10:19 AM
I am not a PFC.
Disclose everything when in doubt to your Recruiter.
You do not rate to say " Oorah "... " Marine Friend "... earn the " Title " first.
I will take it out of your post !!!

Best of luck to you.

CC323
03-02-13, 12:16 PM
Thank you for your corrections, LCpl. I will remember to think before I speak (or post) next time.

I also apologize for violating rules of use. It won't be uttered again until I've through San Diego.

Respectful regards,
CC323

doc h fmf
03-02-13, 12:35 PM
Cc323 i cant believe you disrespected my administator next time we expect you to say yes sir mr administrator.

Good luck son

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

CC323
03-02-13, 12:48 PM
Corporal Hansen,

I apologize again for the misstep on my part. I mistook the E-3 in LCpl RockyC's profile for PFC because that is the title the Army uses for that pay grade... it was a subconscious mistake, but had I been more attentive it would not have occurred. It will not again.

May I ask about the response you indicated I should have provided? I have been informed that use of "sir" in the Corps is not desirable except when addressing commissioned officers. Should I refer to all Marines as "sir" until I have completed boot camp? Please pardon my ignorance.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
CC323

Rocky C
03-16-13, 05:48 PM
On this Forum, Rank or Marine would be fine until you have earned " The Title ".

There are Women Marines on this Forum also so calling everyone Sir would not be appropriate.

BTW, did you put the tags on this thread ?

USMCARivera
03-16-13, 07:48 PM
1. My administrator is an E-3 last time I checked that's not a PFC. 2. Doc is a Corpsman which makes him a Petty Officer Third Class. Address your superiors by the rank they earned, if you don't know it google it.

USMCARivera
03-16-13, 07:50 PM
Corporal Hansen,May I ask about the response you indicated I should have provided? I have been informed that use of "sir" in the Corps is not desirable except when addressing commissioned officers. Should I refer to all Marines as "sir" until I have completed boot camp? Please pardon my ignorance.Thank you for your time.Respectfully,CC323I dare you to call one of DI's by their rank.

ssgtt32
03-17-13, 07:45 AM
damn Doc, if you want to pump that puppy, you don't have to grease him so hard

ssgtt32
03-17-13, 07:49 AM
Corporal Hansen,

I apologize again for the misstep on my part. I mistook the E-3 in LCpl RockyC's profile for PFC because that is the title the Army uses for that pay grade... it was a subconscious mistake, but had I been more attentive it would not have occurred. It will not again.

May I ask about the response you indicated I should have provided? I have been informed that use of "sir" in the Corps is not desirable except when addressing commissioned officers. Should I refer to all Marines as "sir" until I have completed boot camp? Please pardon my ignorance.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
CC323

you may call me sir or SSgt, but you will not call me ewe

Chief23A
03-20-13, 12:50 PM
Yep, learned the "ewe" thing the first day on the grinder. never forgot it either!!!
Semper Fi.

TheeMotivator
03-21-13, 12:55 PM
Leave the poolee alone..hes obviously not trying to be disrespectful. jesus.

No one cares about tickets, only felonies, misdimeaners etc. Or if you have multiple traffic offenses.

USMCARivera
03-21-13, 06:09 PM
Fill out your profile completely LCPL