PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance recommendation please

robengineer
01-31-13, 01:06 PM
I need to boot my son off from my car insurance policy because his Jeep will be on base in Camp Lejeune. My policy won't cover it unless it is in NJ or PA. Can anyone recommend a company he should go with for coverage in North Carolina? He is. 20yr old with a Jeep Wrangler and has a good driving record.

Lisa 23
01-31-13, 01:12 PM
Try USAA....

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon?adid=icgsch49277486&akredirect=true

Harlee
01-31-13, 01:31 PM
My fiance has USAA and has been happy with them. He got a chip in his windshield during a cross-country move to 29 Palms and they had someone there to meet him when he arrived to assess and fix.

Zulu 36
01-31-13, 04:20 PM
I agree. USAA is the way for him to go.

robengineer
01-31-13, 05:28 PM
Ok thanks. I let him know and he'll call when he gets out of the field.

Rocky C
01-31-13, 05:43 PM
USAA :thumbup:

VictoryttBold
01-31-13, 08:09 PM
USAA all the way, outstanding company.

Apache
02-01-13, 01:00 PM
I would think----
USAA insurance would eliminate specific requirements from diifferant
bases re: specifically states N.C or S.C. etc.

That would be a benefit down the road not having to switch insurers at every reassignment-----

xUSMCx2012
02-01-13, 01:53 PM
i actually suggest using state farm i have had state farm for years

hbharrison
02-01-13, 05:03 PM
USAA is the place to go for Auto insurance it also is a place to go for checking, savings as they are a bank to. The one thing that sets them apart from others is they are for MILITARY ONLY and he can keep it if he gets out of service. They are just great and will work with him always.

Apache
02-01-13, 06:49 PM
USAA most likely has greater acceptance on Military facilities than any others.

Insurance story (old guys have stories)
Many moons ago I added my then 16 yr old son on my policy.
Local independent agent says he wants to meet Mat
Relay to Son to go up and introduce himself.

They exchange Gretings and agent says "ok we've met --now I don't want to see you again"

After my Son gave him the WTF look agent explained
I am your agent,when you come to see me it's because you did something you want me to pay for .

We have laughed about that for years----

Simple truth.

robengineer
02-01-13, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. My son called USAA today and got it taken care of. He was very impressed with how helpful they were in getting his insurance started. He said he is seriously considering switching his banking from Navy Fed to USAA because of how helpful they were.

MarkDavidson
02-18-13, 04:46 AM
I agreed. USAA provides a best loan service. Last year I took Car title loans (http://canadatitleloans.ca) for my new car. They have very low interest rate than others with less documentation and very little processing time.