PDA

View Full Version : Parris Island

cAs
01-30-13, 06:11 PM
Good evening everyone, I wanted to know if anyone could throw some knowledge my way about being stationed at Parris Island.

I have a HSST screening on Friday and have chosen Drill Instructor in my initial screening. My buddy just became a DI and is really trying to sell the Island to me and my family. My wife is also an active duty Sergeant and only has bootcamp memories so she's really no help in terms of what I'm trying to find out.

Any info is helpful. Thanks all!

TazMatt
01-31-13, 07:30 AM
I was stationed there for two years back in 73-75,I enjoyed my time there,it isn't to far from the beach or shopping ,you can go to Charleston or Savannah,school system is good.Not really bad area,don't know about housing now but I'm sure there is plenty of it.Parris Island can be very hot in the summer and then can be fairly cold in the winter.Like I said most of my time was 40 years ago but that is general info.

asciousmc2045
02-05-13, 07:36 PM
Choose SD over PI there isn't much around here anything good is over a hour away

CBRN5711Tech
02-11-13, 02:19 AM
Funny I just requested DI duty at Parris Island at the HSST screening on Friday. What did you decide?

cAs
02-11-13, 07:40 AM
They didn't ask me where I wanted to go... Just what SDA I wanted, so I chose DI and recruiting as my second choice. I want to go West coast... The good thing is that Capt D. is cool with my SSgt so I was told not to stress about getting Something that I didn't want. We'll see what happens. CBR, did you get orders on the spot? They said they were doing that for some people... Definitely didnt happen to me though.:(

CBRN5711Tech
02-17-13, 01:33 AM
I didn't get orders. I waited in line for four hours to have a two minute interview. I'll find out when they publish the maradmin in March.