PDA

View Full Version : Active Reserve

SgtT42
01-17-13, 04:05 PM
Marines,

For any prior service Marines interested in getting back in there is hope. I was able to find a link on Marines.mil (listed below) that was very helpful. There is an AR checklist located within the order. I used this checklist to put together my own package without the use of a PSR. Once I had gotten everything together I visited my PSR, we signed all the papers and my package was on its way up. So for Marines who may be getting the run around or who feel it may be to hard to get a package together its actually very simple.

The MCO is 1001.52J. I have attached the link below where you can find all the paper work needed for you package. You will need to read over each page because some pages contain further instruction on other forms you might need to fill out.

https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal/page/portal/M_RA_HOME/RA/RAM/CURRENT_OPS_%20PROGRAMS_%28RAM-3%29/AR_Accessions/Enlisted_NewAccession

If you take a week or two to get all the paperwork and medical forms completed it actually turns into a very easy process. Once you have your package together get with your PSR to go over what MOS options they currently have available. They do have retraining available into certain MOS's.

Hopefully this can help any of you looking to get back in!

SgtT42
09-02-13, 04:46 PM
Guess ill give this this post a little bump!

I wanted to give some of the prior service Marines on the site looking to get back in a little hope. After working with a Prior Service Recruiter for a while I was able to submit an Active Reserve package back in April. Long story real short, as of last Tuesday I was accepted to Re-Enlist into the Active Reserve program. The real plus side to this story is that I was also offered an MOS that was currently unavailable for LAT move. So this go's to show that any Marines that really want back in you need to push on and submit a package regardless of what doubts your recruiter may have. I was offered my 3rd choice of 6114.

That being said I was afforded this opportunity because it stayed within the aviation field I previously worked in (6062). I will be accessed at the rank of Sgt. which is the rank I got out. Being that its the Active Reserves I received orders to Robins AFB to work with HMLA 773.

If you are truly set on getting back in, regardless of the downsizing make your move now! Can you walk into the recruiting office right now and go right back to Active Duty... no.. BUT the AR program provides Marines with the chance to not only get back in but take on the same benefits of being Active Duty. With the downside or upside being that you will be stationed at a reserve unit. This may be good for some (closer to home) but it also provides the opportunity to see different aspects of the Corps.

If anyone has any questions on the process feel free to ask. I have every form you should need (minus waivers). Hopefully I can help some of you with the process. I did all the research on my own and contacted the PSR with about 95% of the package complete. If you can do the same they will look at you with a little more optimism.

Tennessee Top
09-02-13, 05:07 PM
Sounds promising - this should help a lot of prior service Marines. Will send them your way. Thank you for the link and scoop.

Rocky C
09-02-13, 05:21 PM
Outstanding !!!

Holly01wood
06-26-14, 02:31 AM
Does anybody know of a time frame of being able to get back into the Corps? From Active to Active reserve? I have been out 13 yrs doing sales and Law enforcement in civilian world.

ChuckH
06-26-14, 05:29 AM
With the Corps down sizing, I would say your chances are slim to none on getting back in.
Good Luck.

29palms
06-26-14, 07:56 AM
Father time is definitely against me. Plus weight. If they'd let me in, I'd probably do it.......then again....maybe NOT!

Baker1971
06-26-14, 08:13 AM
Does anybody know of a time frame of being able to get back into the Corps? From Active to Active reserve? I have been out 13 yrs doing sales and Law enforcement in civilian world.

Keep doing what your doing and have a nice day. You'll won't get a waiver after 13 years.