PDA

View Full Version : EAD Recruiter

03cpl
01-16-13, 10:09 AM
I am a reservist in the process of becoming an EAD recruiter and I was wondering if anybody had any information on going EAD. Do you get SDP, medical, dental, does the reserve GI Bill change? Can you go back to the reserves at any time, or do you have to serve out the full two years?

Tennessee Top
01-16-13, 11:00 AM
Aren't you going to receive some sort of training for this new position? Seems to me you should be the duty expert on all these topics (and not needing to ask others).

03cpl
01-16-13, 11:30 AM
Nobody can really tell me much about it MSgt and I cant find any MCO's or really anything on it online. I would like to go into it with a little more knowledge rather than just walk into a duty that I know nothing about.

Tennessee Top
01-16-13, 11:56 AM
How do they expect you to do your job if you don't know anything about it? This is totally unsat and you are being set up for failure. What are you supposed to do when somebody walks into your office with questions? You MUST talk to your command or I-I staff and make them understand you cannot accomplish your mission without the training first. Try to find the contact number/e-mail for the nearest EAD recruiter in your region, call them, ask them what type of training they received and what resources are out there for you. Maybe set up a meeting and spend some OJT time with that person. They might have a turnover folder they could make a copy of and mail to you. When I was on active duty, everybody maintained a current turnover folder so that, in your absence, somebody could step in and do that job temporarily until you returned. The folder would have sample forms, copies of any applicable MCO's, list of references/resources, contact phone numbers, etc.

Kegler300
01-16-13, 01:53 PM
I believe you still have to attend Recruiter School, and upon graduation you will be entitled to SDA pay and ROPE because you will be on production.

Tennessee Top
01-16-13, 03:10 PM
If you have to go to recruiters school certainly somebody should be telling you when you're going. Somebody in your command owes you some answers.

yanacek
01-18-13, 11:48 AM
While serving on active duty as an EAD recruiter you will rate full pay and allowances as those in the regular component. This includes medical and dental services.

As far as getting released from EAD before your two-year period of active duty ends, that is subject to the chain of command's approval of your request to do so.

The reference you should consult is the current edition of MCO P1100.72. I believe the relevant information is contained in either chapter 1 or 2.