PDA

View Full Version : Walmart to hire 100,000 Veterans

ameriken
01-15-13, 08:55 AM
&lt;nyt_headline type=&quot; &quot; version=&quot;1.0&quot;&gt;Wal-Mart Plans to Hire Any Veteran Who Wants a Job&lt;/nyt_headline&gt;&lt;nyt_headline type=&quot; &quot; version=&quot;1.0&quot;&gt;&lt;/nyt_headline&gt; <br />
<br />
&lt;nyt_byline&gt;By JAMES DAO <br />

awbrown1462
01-15-13, 09:54 AM
but but but walmart bad lol

josephd
01-15-13, 09:03 PM
good on them for doing this but.......it's Wal-Mart!....I'd rather not work

elliscraig12
01-15-13, 10:36 PM
My brother just retired out of the Navy as a CPO/STS. He worked at Wally World for about two about weeks and quit. Couldn't deal with the stupidity.

Old Marine
01-16-13, 10:03 AM
good on them for doing this but.......it's Wal-Mart!....I'd rather not work

The American way these days.

Use to be that we took a job and worked until something better came down the pipe.

Welfare probably pays more so lets go on that to live.:evilgrin:

awbrown1462
01-16-13, 11:53 AM
met a guy once who was union would not work any job if it was not union, he and his family where living in a tent at a park

doc h fmf
01-18-13, 09:18 AM
BOY I COULD USE THIS JOB TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT< BUT IS MY VETERANS PREFERANCE GOING TO GO DOWN THE TUBE AGAIN ? I BEEN UNEMPLOYED FOR 2 YEARS AND NOW MY ONLY INCOME IS 200dollars WORTH OF FOOD STAMPS PER MONTH > IF IT WASNT FOR MY GIRL FRIEND I WOULD BE HOMELESS. SO THE VETERANS PREFRENCE BS HASNT WORK FOR ME AT ALL I APPLIED TO A LITTLE CESARS RESTURANT WHO WAS OWNED BY AN IRAQI FREEDOM VETERAN AND DIDNT EVEN CALL .SO ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT VETERANS PREFERANCE WORK YOUR DREAMING AND THAT IN CLUDES 15 job applicationto the VA HOspitals and CLINICS around the US

SO ANYWAY SEMPER FI

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 FMF

josephd
01-18-13, 11:43 AM
The American way these days.

Use to be that we took a job and worked until something better came down the pipe.

Welfare probably pays more so lets go on that to live.:evilgrin:

You obviously have no idea what kind of workplace Wal-Mart is. They treat their employees like absolute garbage. Myself and the rest of our veterans can do much better than Wal-Mart. I was recently hired by a privately owned/franchised out store(not going to name the company). The owner himself hired me on the spot after mentioning I was a Marine. There is no reason why others cannot do the same, they just need to put themselves out there and look.

CarolinaChuck
01-19-13, 05:06 PM
A lot said here, and that may be; but the damn thing don't float, and there ain't no one shooting at you. I have been out since 86, and the only one who has ever hired me because I was a Marine was a brother who fought at Chosin. We don't have these folks around anymore, and I can tell you young guys coming out this: civilians don't understand us and don't care so long as they are going to gain from it in someway.

Having said that, I would take the job... I don't need Wal-Mart to give me pride or honor; I need work, I'd take the job. I am 53 years old, and if you all think it is hard to find work...you ain't got a clue. On top of all that mess, I got a college degree; it don't mean nothing.

Havind said all that; Boys, back the train up because we are in for a long ride, and you had better get your head gear flushed out before you leave the station. It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I'll say one other thing -- there is no reason to blame Wal-Mart; just like I would never look down upon on a man trying to make something better for himself in any manner he can find.

Doc, that old boy may have felt he was doing you wrong by putting you into service; try delivering pizzas, running the only car you own into the ground and paying your way into a job with gas, up-keep and insurance. I wouldn't wish that S*%# on my enimies.

Go easy bros, go easy,
Chuck

awbrown1462
01-19-13, 06:28 PM
I worked at Wal-mart for amost 2 years before I find a better Job they treated me very good I had health care and if I wanted stocks in the Co. hell they even sent me to a hunt club to shoot the guns we sold