PDA

View Full Version : Separation Scam

siftonr
01-11-13, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone. I am here seeking information/advice relating to a marine family member. Forgive me if I don't use the correct terminology. Here is the scenario:

6 months before boot camp, he meets a girl and of course they are in love. She was an emotional wreck during boot camp. In 09 2011, he graduates boot camp, gets his 10 days off then goes to MCT. Next stop, MOS.

During all of this, the girl became more and more emotionally unstable, calling him crying at every opportunity and eventually ending up on anti-depressants.

Their solution was to get married before graduating from MOS school. They assumed this would guarantee that the Marine Corps would allow her to accompany him wherever he went. Didn't quite work out that way. He was sent to Japan for two years with unaccompanied orders. This is of course just too much for the new wife to handle. She's barely able to function and a basket case.

So now the guy's only goal in life is to get himself kicked out. He attempted the depression angle, hoping they would bot him for that. They were happy enough to make him go to counseling for as long as it would take. His next tactic was to complain about a knee injury that absolutely no one can diagnose. Well, after enough persistence, the happy couple is finally getting their wish and he is being separated.

It's probably not my business, but isn't this illegal? Will this young couple be rewarded with a life time of benefits through the VA because of their inability to control their hormones? Benefits that should rightfully go to individuals who have served with honor?

Can anything be done to ensure that they are not successful in scamming the system??

Thanks for any input.

fl1946
01-11-13, 04:14 PM
For the Corps to DC him, they obviously see him as a sh-tbird and was quick to slam the door. Now, as for scamming the system, not much you can do before he does it. The law states, with certain...

siftonr
01-11-13, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the response. I guess I view the faking of a condition to be the actual scam. It would really burn my a$$ to see him getting a lifetime of treatment from the VA while deserving servicemen and women have to wait in lie behind him.

Ok rant over. Thanks again.

Tennessee Top
01-11-13, 05:01 PM
The only way any type of VA benefits can be awarded is for a medical diagnosis from a qualified military physician being included in his medical records. These records must be included along with the...