PDA

View Full Version : Let's Not Forget Them at XMAS

jinelson
12-05-03, 08:53 AM
Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone, in a one bedroom house made of plaster and stone.
I had come down the chimney with presents to give, and to see just who in this home did live.
I looked all about, a strange sight I did see, no tinsel, no presents, not even a tree.
No stocking by mantle, just boots full of sand, on the wall hung pictures of far distant lands.
With medals and bodges, awards of all kinds, a sober thought came through my mind.
For this house was different, it was dark and dreary, I found the home of a United States Marine, once I could see clearly.
The Marine lay sleeping, silent, alone, curled up on the floor of this one bedroom home.
Was this the hero of whom I just read? Curled up on a poncho the floor for his bed.
I realized the families I had saw tonight, owed there lives to these Marines who were willing to fight.
Soon round the world, the children would play, a grownups would celebrate a bright Christmas day.
They all enjoyed freedom each month of the year, because of the Marines like the one lying here.
I couldn't help wonder how many lay alone, on a cold d Christmas eve in a land far from home.
The very thought brought a tear to my eye, I dropped to my knee and I started to cry.
The Marine awakened and I heard a rough voice, "Santa don't cry
this life is my choice."
I fight for freedom, I don't ask for more, my life is to God my Country and Corps.
The Marine rolled over and drifted to sleep, I couldn't control it I continues to weep.
I kept watch for hours, so silent and still and we both shivered from the nights cold chill.
I didn't want to leave on that cold dark night, this guardian of honor so willing to fight.
Then the Marine rolled over with a voice soft and pure, he whispered "Carry on Santa, its Christmas and all is secure."
One look at my watch and I knew I was right, "Merry Christmas my friend and to all a good night."

This poem was written by a Marine stationed in Okinawa Japan. his only request is that we give credit due these patriots who sacrifice themselves for us.:marine:

dtnalley
12-05-03, 09:53 AM
The following is the text of an E-mail received by a Lars Larson, a Radio Talk Show Host, here in the NW. Lars is very supportive of our troops and this is an E-mail he received from some flaming @#$hole.

Lars
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 1:31 PM
To: Lars Larson
Subject: Gift idea for our Troop families

Pharse Larson,

Here's a great gift idea for the families of our troops. Send them each a nice personalized body-bag in which the remains of their beloved can be repatriated. And don't forget the sentimental touch of embossing the body-bag with the image of our "Smirking Chimp." Yes, the squinty-eyed smirk of our Resident-in-Thief, staring the grieving family right smack in the eye as they receive the dismembered remains of their beloved. And the
caption, "Ask not at whom the chimp smirks - he smirks at you." Spread the word to all your ditto-head, demagogue listeners in the trailer-parks and barnyards of Oregon!

Have a nice day.

Yes, this type of person is out there. Have a good day. Semper Fi

DicK Nalley

firstsgtmike
12-05-03, 10:47 AM
I messed up. I didn't keep a copy. However, here is an e-mail I sent to wempire2003@hotmail.com.

Subj: Your gift Idea.

I read the e-mail concerning your gift idea that you sent to Lars Larson.

I'm 66 years old and living in the Philippines. I would be willing to taravel to Oregon, or anyplace else, if you had the balls to read that e-mail to ME, face to face.

I put my life on the line for what I believed in. Are you willing to do the same?

Mike Farrell
1st Sgt. of Marines
(retired)

firstsgtmike
12-05-03, 11:18 AM
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

wempire2003@hotmail.com]

jinelson
12-05-03, 04:26 PM
I'm with you First Sargeant, what a lame excuse for a human being much less an American.

lurchenstein
12-07-03, 01:39 PM
Might have better luck contacting Lars here:
lars@larslarson.com
He could use plenty of criticism on his body bag statement.
(Hope he gets a colostomy bag with his image, for Christmas.)