PDA

View Full Version : General's Aide/Driver

jeonpaolo
12-31-12, 12:05 PM
Good Morning ALCON,

The past couple of months I've been wondering about the billet of being a General's driver. Can someone tell me about this billet? Does it even still exist? I tried googling but couldnt find anything on the Marine side. Can someone with any past and present day knowledge on this tell me about it? Thanks.

McT ontheRock71
12-31-12, 02:16 PM
I don't know about a specific billet as a General's driver, however, back when I was stationed at Marine Barracks, Philadelphia Navy Yard the Commanding Officer of the Barracks Col. H. B. Wilson had a driver. The driver's name was Corporal Smith. Not only was he to drive the Colonel around the base and to various functions throughout the 4th Naval Dist., he was on call to pick up military personnel from McGuire Air Force base near Trenton, NJ. He even made runs to McGuire to pick up Brig chasers coming back from prisoner transports down to Cherry Point NC. Smitty never seemed to have alot of time to himself.

josephd
12-31-12, 03:01 PM
I am pretty sure this is the Marine Aide/3372 MOS which is only available to 3381/Food Service Marines, Sgt. and above.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/3372.htm

Apache
12-31-12, 05:45 PM
Many Moons ago as a (e-2 or e-3 )
The C.O. told me I was his driver while the "real" C.O. Driver was on leave.
Ran my A--- off
Not only driving him but also what I would call messenger or butler.

Had to have clean uniform no coffee cup.
Ran like H--- when my time was up

jeonpaolo
12-31-12, 11:26 PM
Thats what I heard from the Army side that they are treated as butlers too. But I'm trying to see if they still exist. Not going to lie, Ive had my eyes on that job for a while now and I heard good and bad things about it. I guess its what you make of it and who you are working for. I would take my chances if that got offered to me. I was just wondering if they still have it in the Corps.