PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Unit Moving???

Lilhothead20
12-30-12, 03:12 PM
Hi my reserve unit will be moving soon does anyone know what happens???

josephd
12-30-12, 05:17 PM
Depending on how far they move you will either have to stay with them or will be given the option to drill with another unit that is closer.

Apache
12-30-12, 05:51 PM
I'm sure there will be a company formation to spread "the word"

Do not be hasty in quiting

Benefits in the future (just a few)
Retirement pay
Commissary privileges
BIG help on health insurance

I don't know your situation , you can also bump up benefits with some full time duty !

KEY IS DON'T BE HASTY IN ANY DECISION

josephd
12-30-12, 06:22 PM
I'm sure there will be a company formation to spread "the word"

Do not be hasty in quiting

Benefits in the future (just a few)
Retirement pay
Commissary privileges
BIG help on health insurance

I don't know your situation , you can also bump up benefits with some full time duty !

KEY IS DON'T BE HASTY IN ANY DECISION

He is under contract so he can't exactly "quit" or just check out. he will have to go somewhere, whether he likes it or not.

And going "full time" or active duty from the reserves is EXTREMELY hard right now.

But yes lilhothead don't make any hasty decisions on what you think may happen or what the LCpl. underground word is. I am sure your command will pass some sort of word on what you will be doing.

Lilhothead20
01-02-13, 02:17 PM
The unit is moving out of state and there is not another unit anywhere near my area.

josephd
01-02-13, 04:54 PM
The unit is moving out of state and there is not another unit anywhere near my area.

you'll have to travel to the next closest

Apache
01-02-13, 05:08 PM
What options were you given ?

Another thought is "joint services"
If there is another Branch close to you ----
I know--- it's not the Marines----
Sometimes ya gotta take a step back for the long range goal

Just a thought

elliscraig12
01-02-13, 05:23 PM
You need to talk to someone in your unit. It's not like they're just gonna get up and walk off one day. I'm sure other people in your unit are asking the same questions, people who have jobs, families and what not who would find it difficult to just get up and go out of state.

Most people here don't belong to your unit and have no idea of what their plans are. You need to talk to your SNCOs and/or your OIC. Get the scoop straight from them so you know exactly what's going on.