PDA

View Full Version : MCAS Cherry Point parents

travis mcgee
12-24-12, 08:08 AM
I am curious if there are any parents who have Marines stationed at Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point NC. My son was just stationed there as part of the Marine Wing Support Squadron 274, "Ironmen". Just looking for general info about the base and maybe some stories from their sons or daughters about living on the base. My son is a refrigeration tech. there. Thanks.

downeasterner
05-24-13, 09:54 PM
My Marine just got to Cherry Point. It is "home" for him as he was born 50 miles away and we have vacationed in the area most of his life. His great-uncle was stationed there during the Korean War, and he was a hunting buddy of Ted Williams while they were there.

SgtT42
05-25-13, 06:27 AM
I was attached to MWSS 274 in 2007 and deployed with them in 2008. 274 was a great unit to be with. Leadership was good and the quality of living (barracks) was good as well. Your son should have a good time with the unit and if you visit, there will be plenty to see. Lejeune is only about 35 minutes away so once you have seen it all at Cherry Point it would be worth the drive to check a big portion of the Marine Corps out.

travis mcgee
05-28-13, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the responses. My son seems to be enjoying it so far. I will get a chance to get more details from him this coming week, he will be home on leave.

Cheers