PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Marines who have worked as technical advisors in film

tyler4all
12-21-12, 11:50 PM
My name is Nolan and I am looking for Marines who have been technical advisers for movies. I am currently doing research for a screenplay about a Marine who finds himself in the brig for a crime he didn't commit. I would like to talk to Marines who have knowledge of where I can find facilities similar to a base brig for a film production.

As a Marine, I was in the brig for 38 days and I found it to be a very interesting experience and worth writing about. This film will not be disparaging to the Marine Corps.
I appreciate your time and consideration.

thewookie
12-27-12, 09:34 AM
Nolan you need to follow the site rules and fill out your profile.

As trivial that may sound.

I am locking this until you do - contact any squad leader, admin or mod to reopen once you do.

I might be able to help you, but not until you help yourself first.

thewookie
12-28-12, 07:01 AM
Thanks, Nolan.

Try reaching out to Craig Sawyer http://www.tacticalinsider.com/bio.html

He is a Marine and Navy SEAL, and now he works in hollywood -- you might have seen him hosting on Top Shot.

That website provides contact info, and you can also try to ping him at shadowspear dot com or socnet dot com. His screen name is SAWMAN.

Good luck, Semper Fi

FistFu68
12-28-12, 11:26 AM
:evilgrin: I did 77 days in a Redline Brig for a REMFER super SNAFU that I did not commit...Have Access 2 an ole Mental Hospital outside Richmond Va, can paint a Red Line on Deck 3 feet from the Wall and We can come pretty darn close to the Conditions of how the Real deal was...No Hollywood Glamour bout it Semper Fi :iwo:

fl1946
12-29-12, 12:47 PM
Contact the Marine Corps Public Affairs, Motion Pictures Office, Los Angeles. This is the liaison office for all projects between the Marine Corps, HQMC and Hollywood. Projects must be cleared by MoPic before Marine Corps gets involved including, for example, use of the Marine Corps Hymn, property and EGA. If you saw Clint Eastwood's, "Heartbreak Ridge," you will note the hymn was never played because film not approved. The most prominent tech advisor is Dale Dye, Warriors Inc. fellow member of our Marine Corps Combat Correspondents Assn.

tyler4all
12-29-12, 06:31 PM
Thank you very much to thewookie, FistFu68 and fl1946 for your replies. I will pursue all of these options. thanks for your time and input!