PDA

View Full Version : Medical Seperation Question

PageII
12-11-12, 04:06 AM
Hi, im Lcpl Page. now im in 2/24 (reserve) and i was wondering if someone gets med sep. because of a training accident is there compensation? if so is it based on the injury, time left, or something else.

may 2012 i hurt my back really bad when i wasnt at drill, and i was on narcotics and anti inflamatory for a while and light duty until sept 2012. sept 2012 my physician cleared me, and my sept. drill i did the cft. the run was fine, the ammo can lift made my back stiff. i made it to the fireman carry and my back gave out as soon as he was on my back, i tried to be moto and tried again this time he jumped on me. my back is now worse than ever. im back on narcotics and anti inflam. (prescribed) and now the Corpsman are sayin if im not 100% by jan 10 and can take the cft theyll start to med sep me.

now my question is if i am med sep because of a training exercise will i get any kind of comensation for my contract ending years early?

Rocky C
12-11-12, 06:55 PM
If you get a MED SEP you would have to file a claim with the VA for Service Connected Disability Compensation.

PageII
12-11-12, 07:00 PM
thanks

spotts
12-12-12, 04:35 AM
Go to www.va.gov (http://www.va.gov)

Ceya
12-21-12, 03:07 PM
To get Med Sep first a doctor has to make that determination from the military side. <br />
<br />
I was active so reserve part may be slightly different. <br />
<br />
You go through PEB which is Physcial Evaluation...

Ceya
12-21-12, 10:02 PM
Oh and forgot, You have Limted Duty board before you go to PEB.

You should have time to heal that is what limited duty board is designed to do.

It come in two 8 months part. If you don't be fit in 8 months then they recommend another 8 months, if not fit then PEB.

Wish you luck.

S/F,
CEYA!